No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´ll get back to this thread as soon as I hear something, but I have my doubts that Eibach will just send me correct springs...
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Have talked to Eibach now several times and the don´t want to help me. Have showed the catalogue and proclaimed the fault with it.

That when you look at Audi A6 C4 and my car Audi S6 Turbo Quattro you only have one option of springs regardless engine and gearbox type.

E1528-140 that contains front springs EW1528001 and rear springs EW1516002

But if you look at the Audi 100 C4 and S4 Turbo Quattro you have two options:

S4 turbo Quattro

E1516-140 that contains front springs EW1515001 and rear springs EW1516002

S4 V8 Quattro automatic

E1528-140 that contains front springs EW1528001 and rear springs EW1516002

You don´t need to be a rocket scientist to understand what wrong, they have made a shortcut and put same springs on my car regardless engine type and gearbox type but not on the S4.

Fun fact is that my springs now lower the car 25mm in front and 30mm in the rear and they tell me that's in tolerance. My only question was then why bother to say that they lower 35mm when they only lower 25mm... But they stick to that still in their tolerance level, And the catalogue is correct. I mean if you buy a kit that lower 35mm in the front and 30mm in the rear, It should do that. And if I would buy the S4 kit it will be 35mm in the front and 30mm in the rear as they share the same rear springs.

And another fun fact is that they have the same kit for the S4 v8 as S6 V8, because they both have...wait for it... V8 !!!

The only solution for my problem is to either buy new front springs for the S4 EW1515001 or change brand to H&R and get four new springs. I think they don´t want to handle this because they have missed to have S6 Turbo TüV approved in Germany with correct spring for the non V8 and then it was easier to just use the same springs...

So if you want a lowering kit for a S6 C4 with turbo engine from Eibach, buy the kit for the S4 C4 turbo or jus DON´T buy anything from Eibach ! And buy another brand that know what they are doing.
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

That is very said but i am not surprised with this kind of reply from Eibach. 35mm drop my *****, maybe the most 20mm. I will cut a little part of my Eibach and see what i get. If i don't get to the desired result then bin them and get the H&R. Too much time i already dedicated for these springs.

Sent via Crapatalk
        UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

i have just been through this routine and missed this thread and my ride height is identical to the way it was before, only my pockets are a lot lighter.

well, at least i haven't left ebay feedback yet, so we'll see what the supplier has to say when i forward him the information you guys have gleaned from this eibach farce!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Sorry you missed this thread / are enduring spring grief, but the ebay seller may not be the one to blme as they are only going on the mis-information that Eibach have allowed to permeate.

Just suggestin...........

Others on here may be happy with your springs if they want / are happy with their 'stance'.

Last edited by macspring; 12 September 2015, 02:08.

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
              i have just been through this routine and missed this thread and my ride height is identical to the way it was before, only my pockets are a lot lighter.

well, at least i haven't left ebay feedback yet, so we'll see what the supplier has to say when i forward him the information you guys have gleaned from this eibach farce!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78429

apologies if you have to cut and paste link but the insert url feature seems to have stopped working on iOS.

Comment

eibach's version of the term "lowering" for the S6 .. .

i will contact the ebay chap, who was more than helpful, to resolve this problem. nice to know that i at least have the "negative feedback" card to play should this prove fruitless. i realise it's not his fault but hopefully he'll be able to get it sorted with the tossers in the spring factory. . .

Comment

Like i said i had the same problem with Eibach.so many peoples asked me why not lowered
                  Your car and i said i have eibach spring and all people is #%^*+.
                  I will show you my Eibach part # since i still have the box.
                  one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Have decided to bin my eibach and go for H&R my only concern is if I need adjustable camberplates for those?
                    And if The H&R 29800 are stiffer then eibach, The rear licks the ground when flooring :/

Wasent so interrested in buying coilovers, its to much money, have heard people that revalving The bilsteins with +10% compression and +30% rebound, how will the act then? Maybe just a spring change can cure the soft feel.
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

I have no interest ATM in lowering at all as i am very happy with my set up but for what it's worth the seller of my car bought it with H&R springs and said the ride was ridiculously hard and unbearable.He returned my car to estate lowered Audi sports springs 2 pink and 1 sliver dot bought from spink i believe which i think spink said somewhere in another thread was too hard for his liking but for me i like.

Just my tuppence worth.
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

When i first bought my car it had some violet H&R springs that where softer then soft,
                        Then i changed them to OEM sportsprings that where stiffer then stiff. And now when i changed shocks to bilstein with eibach springs the damping feel good (as the bog shocks where shot long ago) but rear springs are way to soft, on hard acceleration it feels like tyres dissapear in the wheel arches, and of course the stance aint that good as the rear are like 30mm lowerd (20mm with OEM sport springs) and front 25mm (20mm with oem sport springs) should have lowerd 35mm

Feels almost like I should try just to change back to OEM rear sportsprings just to get a normal stance and stiffer rear end. But total height will still be to high. And with H&R it seems like you need camberplates, with 2bennet people seem to have problem with noise and bad quality and with Thuppus it will raise The front 20mm. Seem to be stuck in no-mans land
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

I always believe it's best to listen to many views and try to understand properly each and every one. The thing with me is i'm not after comfort around our bumpy town roads,i need mine as it is, supremely stable with instant steering input which is ideal and where i believe this cars overwhelming capabilities lie in fast A and B roads where you want good handling. See last weeks "Epic Scotland Tour" Look at the video provided by Mike,it will give you an idea of what i mean. At speed the handling is superb and comfortable.

So i have the handling and now i will engineer her with an even better handling with new bushes oem or oem plus which will actually provide a even better handling car for A and B road Motorway work and also provide me with a better insulated ride around town.For me this = win win but each to there own and how they intend to use there car. I drove 1,781.5 miles in her last week end and she is an AWSOME car!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I hear you but for me this current setup doesent work, if you ride country lane yes but not inspired driving and fast acceleration, so if someone can shed some lights on this matter I would be grateful, otherwise it has to be coilovers...
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                              I have no interest ATM in lowering at all as i am very happy with my set up but for what it's worth the seller of my car bought it with H&R springs and said the ride was ridiculously hard and unbearable.He returned my car to estate lowered Audi sports springs 2 pink and 1 sliver dot bought from spink i believe which i think spink said somewhere in another thread was too hard for his liking but for me i like.

Just my tuppence worth.
                              and yet my S6 came with the sports OEM sports springs (pink and silver dots) and looked like this before the front eibach springs were fitted:

i wonder what happens to the suspension over the years to make it stand like this?? mine has a full audi service history and yet still looks skew-wiff

can you imagine it looking like that on the audi forecourt back in the day?!!

looking better balanced now but still completely wrong for what i expected when i ordered the new springs.
                              as the mechanic said, after fitting the front springs "it doesn't look any lower to me . . ."

Last edited by geneandbolly; 20 September 2015, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                                and yet my S6 came with the sports OEM sports springs (pink and silver dots) and looked like this before the front eibach springs were fitted:

i wonder what happens to the suspension over the years to make it stand like this?? mine has a full audi service history and yet still looks skew-wiff

can you imagine it looking like that on the audi forecourt back in the day?!!

looking better balanced now but still completely wrong for what i expected when i ordered the new springs.
                                as the mechanic said, after fitting the front springs "it doesn't look any lower to me . . ."

I have a few S6 brochures here, apart from one which i showed you where it looks very slammed to the ground,in which they did look higher in the front arch when new. Wrath as he said on here is going to instal a bush, the only one he didn't replace to increase the rear ride height a bit so change the relationship with the front balancing it out. I can only think the rear settles over the years so increasing the front arch to tyre height.

Well, we should all be thankful our cars don't look like this!

Here's my car sitting how i guess you and Wrath would like yours to be on H&R springs.This is how the seller to me bought the car but he hated the ride so much i believe he contacted spink on here and reinstalled Audi lowered sports springs which my car now sits on. I agree, it does look good but there were too many negative issues with them for normal road use.

Enjoy that look and stance!
                                Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 20 September 2015, 20:18.
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X