No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you use same shocks? B8 I believe they are called? did you change only front? as for the rear I´m satisfied..
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
      Samw problem when i had Eibach spring!
      Pop, what springs / suspension kit do you use now ?

Can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks.

Comment

Wrath,

Good thread, interested to see what the solution is also.

My UrS6 now has spurious red lowering springs that just say 'Made in Germany' in white lettering on them, and the car is now slightly lower in the front than the back. Both ends are lower than the oem, but I'd like both ends a little bit lower - say an inch.

New Bilstein shocks at both ends.

But it looks way better than even the previously oem factory fitted standard european oem sports suspension springs.

If you look at the US spec UrS6 cars with factory non sports suspension, they are very high, and look like an inadvertent forerunner to high All Road C5 suspension.

Thanks again for starting the thread.

Comment

I had the same problem when I had h&r springs with b8 inserts. So I ended up making diy coilovers. It involved having to get the b8 inserts pistons shortened by 25mm and revalved to take some stronger of the shelf coil over springs.
          Now the car sits how I want but it has very little travel upfront. Drives lovely on motorways and other smooth roads even some more uneven roads. But hit a pothole and you will get the loudest klonk going as the front shocks hit their internal bumpstops.
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
            Pop, what springs / suspension kit do you use now ?

Can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks.

I have H&R 29828-1 Violet and Hotbits Custom Shock Abs with Subtanks Nitrogen Dischaged Filled.
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

So maybe if i would to buy these h&r springs and just use The front ones it would be good? Anyone know if this setup will work? And if i still can use The eibach for The rear? Or would The total feeling of The car be wrong? Otherwise The only thing left is to build coilovers but that seem like a expensive way to go
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

It looks like that I should have bought the shocks alone and bought H&R 29800 springs for the Audi 200 instead, looks like that can make the stance I want, but a fun fact abut those is that every American say that they are Linear and suitable for the S4/S6 but every dealer claim that they are progressive... hmm
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

I got Eibach springs with Bilstein B8 shocks. It is quite well balanced. I can but about 2 fingers between tire and fender in rear and also in front.
                  It looks like you have wrong front springs or there is something wrong with the correct spring position.
                  Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                  10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                  FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

rst: What are the partnumber on your front springs? Hmm I didn´t put the front together myself but it´s no brainer, don´t think you can set them up wrong. the only thing that´s not changed in the rear that´s changed in the front is the rubber bushing and such but if the rear are soggy and I was to change them as well it would be even higher in the rear... :/

Or maybe I´ll just change the rubber bushing in the rear and it will probably be higher at the rear as they are from like 95 and has 230000km on them and just deal with it that it´s high... just wanted it to be a little stiffer and lower for better handling, but still it´s like day and night as it was before
                    Last edited by Wrath; 17 August 2015, 21:46.
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Front springs partnumber should be F1515001, but i am not 100% sure what i got. I can check it later in this week.
                      Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                      10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                      FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                        As the topic states Ive installed a B12 suspension kit and the rear fell down too a place I like and also the front dropped a bit, but not as much as I want, What should I do? order H&R springs fro the front as Eibach dosent seem to have any other springs for the front ordered the 19-2400 kit witch contains sprngs for the fron labeld 27001 or something like that...

you can say that you get 2 fingers between rear arches and wheel and 4 fingers between front arch and whell

Do Eibach offer any springs that can lower the car more in the fron that´s sutiable with my Bilstein shocks?

Eibach isn't quite easy to get hold of.
                        I have 1527.001 eibachs on the front with B8s. My front right height has always been ever so slightly high compared to the rear, making me wonder if the kit is really designed for the V8. The problem is more pronounced on your car though which might be because it's a saloon (I have an Avant) hence your rear springs will be different to mine. I think your only option is to either raise the rear to match (get new damper mount grooves cut) or go H&R on the front.

Given how little ground clearance these cars have personally I'd raise the rear :-)

Comment

Noodle: Thanks, this is what I understand now after talking to Eibach, they say that it´s the correct springs for my car and do not offer anything else for that model. they are branded EW1527001VA in the front and EW1516002HA in the rear, I think I will start with new bushings in the rear and then maybe I´ll go with 29800 H&R for the Audi 200, that seem to fit good on our model and make the level of the car as I want it to be.
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                            Noodle: Thanks, this is what I understand now after talking to Eibach, they say that it´s the correct springs for my car and do not offer anything else for that model. they are branded EW1527001VA in the front and EW1516002HA in the rear, I think I will start with new bushings in the rear and then maybe I´ll go with 29800 H&R for the Audi 200, that seem to fit good on our model and make the level of the car as I want it to be.
                            If you can get hold of some stock boge dampers it's worth trying them out as the bilsteins design has very high compression resistance and I've always felt they must affect the ride height as a result. The H&Rs are not a robust as the eibach springs a few people on quattroworld forum have had issues with them breaking. A few on that forum have paired the eibachs with stock boge dampers and prefer the handling that way apparently the car is less 'floaty' over hill peaks.

Comment

Had boge dampers at first but didn't like em, but of couse they where shot so maybe that was the problem I like the feel of the car, except the looks, Have changed everything else in the suspension except the rear shock bushings, also have solid bushings in aluminium in front and delrin in the back so no floating around I think I´m going to change the bushings in the trailing arm as well, even tho mine Is new I saw that Albert sells polyurethane ones for the trailing arm and maybe for the front and rear swaybar as well. Then it will be bang on, otherwise coilovers is the only way to go, but then it will be harsh on the road when cruising...
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

In my case is totally different. With Eibach prokit rear is higher than front. I also removed the rubber things on the rear but no changes. I am on Koni yellow adjustable shocks. Another thing i don't like on Eibach is that they are not as hard and firm as i expected but i guess this all you can ask from prokit. They lower a bit but keeps the comfort. I must mention that my UrS4 is Avant.
                                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Working...
                                X