No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between 1527001 and 1515001 springs is that my springs has 4,9 vs 4,75 in numbers of turn and wire diameter is 15,75 vs 15, but the unstressed spring length is 305 vs 315, so the 1515001 are longer when thy are unstressed. But that I don't seem to be any problem. In general the 1515001 is a weaker spring and should lower the car correctly, they will not be as low as the H&R but then I don't need adjustable camber plates... and the stance will get a lot better... will change my rubber in the rear anyway.
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

I got EW1515001 on front and EW1516002 on the rear. Front sits decent but is far from what i was expecting. (Too soft) Rear is horrible and higher than front. Tomorrow i will take a couple of pictures and measure the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

1516002 is for the saloon as I found out, and as you have the Avant you should have the 1521002, they are 10mm lower or something like that... But we can swap springs so I get a more leveled and low car and you get an allroad

check page 13

http://eibach.com/sites/eibach.com.m...uktkatalog.pdf

Edit:

But when you google it and read measurement it should be even higher with the 1521002 as people got saggy rears with 1516002 if you had the Avant, this makes no sense at all, did you have bilstein and flipped the spring plate in the bottom wrong way?

Or is it just like Eibach is crap and you should go H&R... hmm...
        Last edited by Wrath; 20 August 2015, 21:47.
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
          Think I have found the culprit after some detective work ! The springs that's suppose to be for my car is EW1527001 and is for Audi S6 Quattro, only problem is that they seem to be for a S6 with V8 and automatic gearbox, they are a lot heavier than my car with manual gearbox and 5 cylinder engine. But Eibach says that there is no other spring for my car, but mysteriously there is a spring that´s called EW1515001 that suits the 5-6 cylinder cars and also S4, and my opinion the S4 and S6 is the same car as long there is a 5 cylinder engine and manual gearbox, the springs are both linear but not as long and heavy duty as the springs that I've got. In other words the culprit is Eibach with misleading information, because Audi S6 in their world only got automatic and 4,2 V8, they share the same rear spring that's called EW1516002, so if I was to change my front springs there will be a great success in getting it lower in the front. This is quite annoying.

When you look in the catalogue there is only 1527001 for the S6 C4 for the front, but when you look at S4 C4 they have the option with my rear springs but 1515001 for the front if you don't choose S4 C4 with v8 and automatic there is he same springs as I have: 1527001..., they don´t even have S6 C4 turbo in their catalogue. but the 1515001 is for 1240kg/1200kg as my springs as stated for. To get Ebach to give me new springs will probably never happen so it looks like I have to buy the 1515001 springs loose from a german dealer and pay additional 140€
          This makes sense as I had already concluded the only S6 springs Eibach have listed in Europe for some time appear to only suit the heavier V8 application. Good detective work :-)

Comment

Noodle: Thanks, have email Eibach again to see what they will say, I could hope that changing to the other front spring 1515001 will make a little drop in the front... the problem if you go with H&R 29800 for an example is that you need camber plates and it will be deadlow, still want to be able to use it on the street with all the speedbumps
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Good detective work, appreciated.

Looking forward to further updates, and ideally some before and after photos, with some measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Even with current drop there are some nasty speedbumps forcing me to stop the car completely to go over them safely. The problem is my custom 3" downpipe. It was build very close to the chassis but still is quite low for the roads i have here. Anyway, i setup my Konis on hard and i have the felling that springs are not helping much. Maybe medium setup will go better with Eibach. Also i think to complete the circle, 034 rear sway bar is a must for better handling but that's a different story.

Sent via Crapatalk
                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

wug: I also read something to have Konis on soft maybe medium to cope with eibach springs in a correct way... could be a reason as well... have found a lot of information these couple of hours... but nothing really if these 1515001 springs will help, do you have 18" or 19" on your car and can upload some pictures?
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

I got 17" rims for the moment. Will take some pictures tomorrow. Thanks for updates!

Sent via Crapatalk
                    UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Noodle: Thanks, have email Eibach again to see what they will say, I could hope that changing to the other front spring 1515001 will make a little drop in the front... the problem if you go with H&R 29800 for an example is that you need camber plates and it will be deadlow, still want to be able to use it on the street with all the speedbumps
                      More ammunition:

http://www.audifans.com/pipermail/s-...st/019357.html

for when the hyperlink eventually breaks -

"3 months ago, the Eibach German site listed part number
                      EW 1527001 VA for the front springs of all 100/A6/S4/S6
                      Pro-Kits with 5/6cyl., air, and manual tranny.
                      Now they list EW 1515001 VA front springs for these same
                      applications, and only those with automatic are listed with
                      EW 1527001 VA. At least the kit numbers and rear spring
                      numbers appear to be the same as before.

Since this UK supplier seems to have the full range of
                      Pro-Kits listed on the German Eibach site (including
                      Avant-specific kits), it may be best to go with the kit
                      number that both they and www.eibach.de show for the
                      S6 Avant without automatic: Pro-Kit 1521.140.
                      This has EW 1521002 HA rear springs.
                      Or, you could go for 1530.140 (including automatic) if
                      you want to get the EW 1527001 VA front springs.
                      It's all as clear as mud ;-(
                      "

I checked a few suppliers and they have inherited the problem in their own catalogues. Only 1530.140 is listed for the S6 Avant - which is what I have. If you instead look up 100 Avant S4 it lists 1521.140 or 1530.140 - the distinction between made clearly between non-automatic / automatic. Bummer

I may raise this with Eibach too. I'd be willing to buy some front EW 1515001 VA springs at cost - I think my struts are going to have to come out soon to replace wheel bearings anyway.....

Comment

After few days of rain, finally the sun is shining again and i took some shots.

UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Looks pretty good? Not perfect but not horrible.

Comment

Think that looks good, mines is lower in the back, but then there is a hifisystem that weighs a lot (40kg) and also 80 liters of gasoline in the tank But yours seems a lot lower in the front then mine but then we don´t have the same springs either. Have sent Eibach my official complaint and maybe just maybe they will send me the correct springs, otherwise I will order the 1515001 springs from Germany. I have ordered new rubber bushings for the rear as I used old ones when I put them together...
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Think that looks good, mines is lower in the back, but then there is a hifisystem that weighs a lot (40kg) and also 80 liters of gasoline in the tank But yours seems a lot lower in the front then mine but then we don´t have the same springs either. Have sent Eibach my official complaint and maybe just maybe they will send me the correct springs, otherwise I will order the 1515001 springs from Germany. I have ordered new rubber bushings for the rear as I used old ones when I put them together...
                              Let me know what they say. Cheapest I have seen a comple new 'correct' set of 4 for is about 230EUR + shipping. As I said I need new wheel bearings so would be useful to swap out at same time

Comment

In my case i have no spare wheel in the trunk and was completely empty. Maybe 15-20L gasoline in tank. Keep us informed how Eibach will handle this unfortunate situation.
                                Last edited by wug; 24 August 2015, 15:22.
                                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Working...
                                X