No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly , mine are quite soft but I kind a like it as I don´t have it for race use could be nice for a vacation trip sometimes... but I have ordered new rubber bushing for the rear, not cheap ! almost same price as new springs for the entire car... sweet jesus... Going to test that first and if it don´t get any higher in the rear I will go for H&R springs in the front or something like that...
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

I will probably go with H&R also but i guess to have a car sitting like this will need custom coilovers. I think this is Pop's ride and found it online.

Attached Files
      UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

I believe he used H&R and Bilstein on that picture but some H&R springs that don´t know exist anymore tho...
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

If I was starting afresh, I think I'd go for all oem bushes combined with KW3 cooilovers for the comfort and the desired ride height.

For owners with UrS6 cars that are too high at the rear, is it a big job / possible to have a machine shop 'cut' four more grooves into the body of the rear shocks to allow a regular rear shock to be 'ghetto' adjustable almost like coilover. Anyone had this done, and any feedback ?

Comment

Another question , the front has internal bumpstop so therefor no bump stop in the front, but I remember that the rear didn't came with any bump stop as well nor any dust cover, how has everyone else done with the Bilstein b8 in the rear?
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
              Had boge dampers at first but didn't like em, but of couse they where shot so maybe that was the problem I like the feel of the car, except the looks, Have changed everything else in the suspension except the rear shock bushings, also have solid bushings in aluminium in front and delrin in the back so no floating around I think I´m going to change the bushings in the trailing arm as well, even tho mine Is new I saw that Albert sells polyurethane ones for the trailing arm and maybe for the front and rear swaybar as well. Then it will be bang on, otherwise coilovers is the only way to go, but then it will be harsh on the road when cruising...
              Because UrS6 is a long car and the eibach / bilstein combo has very stiff compression resistance the car tends to pivot over its middle when going over humps ie the front bounces up as you go over them then the rear bounces up behind it and makes the car feel like it is rocking. With boges on eibachs the phenomenon is apparently reduced.

Comment

Anyone got a pic of the front suspension setup? What does the shock / strut look like?

Edit found it here, it's a Macstrut http://homepage.internet.lu/customau..._S6_S6PLUS.htm
                Last edited by newsh; 18 August 2015, 20:59.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I understand what you mean but haven't felt anything like that yet, but now when I´m going to change the rubber in the rear, anyone that has Bilstein and have used the oem bumpstop? I didn't use it as I felt it was to long to shouldn't work as when they are compressed it will probably lie on the bump stop, no new bump stop was in the kit and the instruction was only for the front that said do not reuse bump stop as they have internal. But found a instruction on internet and the skirmish states that you use it on the rears... hmm

Have looked at the diaphragm and the ones that I think I should have are these:
                  http://www.autoteile.cn/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1681

But these looks a lot shorter but are made for the Avant, because I will probably go lower springs in the future it might be better to use the Avant?
                  http://www.autoteile.cn/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2000

What do you guys think?
                  Last edited by Wrath; 18 August 2015, 22:51.
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Another question , the front has internal bumpstop so therefor no bump stop in the front, but I remember that the rear didn't came with any bump stop as well nor any dust cover, how has everyone else done with the Bilstein b8 in the rear?
                    I sourced new bumpstops for the rear, I think they were febi bilstein will try and find the paperwork.

Comment

Please do, that would be great going to order them tomorrow was the plan... Thanks
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        If I was starting afresh, I think I'd go for all oem bushes combined with KW3 cooilovers for the comfort and the desired ride height.

For owners with UrS6 cars that are too high at the rear, is it a big job / possible to have a machine shop 'cut' four more grooves into the body of the rear shocks to allow a regular rear shock to be 'ghetto' adjustable almost like coilover. Anyone had this done, and any feedback ?

A lot of US owners had to do this because eibach sold a lot of mismatched (too short) rear springs in their kits in North America. They did also supply spacers but I think they are NLA. Search quattroworld or 12v.org for more info.

Comment

Was not easy to decided witch one to choose, don´t have an Avant but it seem to be shorter and maybe better for the application
                          http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/threads/20458.phtml
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Please do, that would be great going to order them tomorrow was the plan... Thanks
                            I used 441512129 bump stops on the rear direct from Audi. They cost EUR40 for the pair back in 2013. ETKA/ETOS is ambiguous on which ones are correct. It lists various options for AAH/ABC/AAR/ACZ/ACE engined cars plus various options for self levelling suspension cars but it doesn't refer to the AAN/AEC directly - instead there is an 'other' option that lists 441512129 which kind of makes sense as the quattro rear end on the C4 has a lot of cross over parts with the type 44 100.

Comment

ETKA search for cars under 1999 does not filter by VIN. It is difficult to get the exact part number.
                              UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Think I have found the culprit after some detective work ! The springs that's suppose to be for my car is EW1527001 and is for Audi S6 Quattro, only problem is that they seem to be for a S6 with V8 and automatic gearbox, they are a lot heavier than my car with manual gearbox and 5 cylinder engine. But Eibach says that there is no other spring for my car, but mysteriously there is a spring that´s called EW1515001 that suits the 5-6 cylinder cars and also S4, and my opinion the S4 and S6 is the same car as long there is a 5 cylinder engine and manual gearbox, the springs are both linear but not as long and heavy duty as the springs that I've got. In other words the culprit is Eibach with misleading information, because Audi S6 in their world only got automatic and 4,2 V8, they share the same rear spring that's called EW1516002, so if I was to change my front springs there will be a great success in getting it lower in the front. This is quite annoying.

When you look in the catalogue there is only 1527001 for the S6 C4 for the front, but when you look at S4 C4 they have the option with my rear springs but 1515001 for the front if you don't choose S4 C4 with v8 and automatic there is he same springs as I have: 1527001..., they don´t even have S6 C4 turbo in their catalogue. but the 1515001 is for 1240kg/1200kg as my springs as stated for. To get Ebach to give me new springs will probably never happen so it looks like I have to buy the 1515001 springs loose from a german dealer and pay additional 140€
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X