No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my Point of view Eibach just tossed me in the bin like I will do with their Products... will order 29800 myself, but bought a house that needs a Little touch up Before I get back to the car moving starts on friday, will sort out the suspension later this fall or in the Winter...
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• thanks chaps. fingers crossed it all goes well.

a big thanks to you, wrath for all your help and detailed information here. once
      i get the springs and (hopefully) get the car sitting correctly, we can get get stuck into eibach to make sure you receive the result you deserve here.

will keep you all posted on this thread when the job is done.

thanks again

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• "Gene"

No problems,glad i could help someone at least good luck ! I look forward to see the final result
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• the springs should be here in "2 to 3 weeks" (they must be forging them for me specially ) and will post the results once they are fitted.

Comment

• did we decide what bilstein shock absorber is best for the S6 on eibach springs?

B8 or B12?

Comment

• B12 is a kit that include Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs(-35/30mm). If you have lowering springs already B8 is the way to go.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Seems like for S4 I5 Avant there is not much to choose from on H&R. Most are for limo.

Wonder if the kit available for 200 will fit S4 C4.
                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                  B12 is a kit that include Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs(-35/30mm). If you have lowering springs already B8 is the way to go.
                  that's awesome, thanks - i'll get on to it asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    Good news 'Gene', looking forward to the before and after photos.

In the meantime, bought a set of H&R 29800 springs.

Will advise how they work out in due course, should have them in my hand early next week.

Fitted the H & R 29800 to the car today. Much easier with everything copper greased.

Was lowered nicely with the FK kit compared to the 1BE oem euro sports suspension. Only issue was that there appeared to be a bit of clunking for the front springs where they close up with the static weight of the car on them.

With the H & R kit the front springs do not have a closed up section. The front ride heigh is fine, better than the photo of Wrath's car in this thread.

The rear ride height is pretty good as regards it's height, but depending on whether or not it settles a fraction more over the next few days, I'd like to have an extra groove cut into the body of the rear shocks to allow the spring to sit a bit lower. Say half an inch at the most.

Ride is not too hard on bumpy roads I am familiar with where I can mentally compare the before and after. Pleased with my purchase. YMMV.

Just my feedback since fitting them this afternoon.

Comment

• great stuff, you should rename yourself "macloweredspring"!

could you post a side on photo so we can see how your car sits?

Comment

• Will pm you one and you can post it on here.

Come to think of it you could compare it with the appropriate 'matching' one from the selection you already have of the car.

Comment

• mac, you can use attachments: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/newatta...b2a2e40e361a6c

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• According to H&R for 100 S4 C4 Avant 5 cylinder code is 29861-1. Does anyone fit them on?
                            Last edited by wug; 28 October 2015, 10:31.
                            UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

• Hi Lads.

Sorry for not updating sooner, so just feedback from myself re the H&R 29800 springs recently fitted to a UrS6 with Bilstein shocks, Mk 1 S8 with 255/35/18.

The H&R 29800 kit is softer at the front the previous FK lowering springs. The H&R front coils do not have a number of the coils which close up and touch each other with the weight of the car is on them. Therefore there is no 'clunking' noise from the H&R front springs. The FK do have a closed section of the coils which I believe 'clunked' on my car.

Ironically can't quite compare them to the oem euro sports springs as I can't remember how they were, especially as one of the oem shocks was blown.

The rear H&R springs are grand. One thing that I need to do and I'd like to flag for others is that the rear spring make the rear of the car sit about a quarter to half an inch lower to allow the car to sit level at it's current 'stance' It is a fraction 'higher' at the back meaning that it is nose is effectively 'pointing' down at the front. Having said that it is very marginal, but the likes of us would be aware of it. :roll eyes:

In order to counteract this 'slight' height issue at the rear, I think I need to have a machine shop cut a few grooves into the body of the Bilstein rear shocks and I should try one or two grooves to achieve the level lowered ride height.

Having said all of the above, I would recommend the H&R 29800 springs with the sports Bilstein shocks.

I was anxious about H&R springs as the ones I had on my S2 were nice and low, but they were hard very hard for regular driving, but as I say looked cool as anything. I had to change the S2 H&R springs as they were too hard for 'me'. So these 29800 are 'softer' on my UrS6 and I have no regrets. The UrS6 is very well damped and tight on a particular bump on a large 30/40mph roundabout, which shows up any suspension issues.

Would love a set of KW3s, but outside my budget.

The above is just my own findings / experiences.

Hope this helps others.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                                Will pm you one and you can post it on here.

Come to think of it you could compare it with the appropriate 'matching' one from the selection you already have of the car.

that would be fantastic, thanks! I've just ordered the front shocks from Yaz and have the Eibach urS4 front springs now, so will get them both fitted later in the month and see how the front end sits. I'll get the rears sorted out next month and get some photos posted of how it sits.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X