No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked with a mesaureing ruler or what they called in english (like carpenter uses)

Front : 380mm
    Rear : 345mm

Everything is changed except The top spring bushing in The rear that has 240000km on it. So if i where to change that it will probably be in the range of 355-365 but that still dosent help The front thats as high as with OEM sportsprings. And yes I also have 5 cyl on my S6 and same kit as you... If I where to have The V8 and auto gearbox it would probably be okay. Or change to correct front springs thats in The 1516-140 (front springs 1515001F) don't think it could be any more clearer...
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Good point, i like that Wrath!

I will go ahead with my Eibach and cut them off to the limit i want/need and see the results. If not success will probably go for H&R.
      UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post

Fun fact is that E1516-140 is also for S4 with AAN Engine, so to say thats not for our car is just bad knowledge, even eibach says so (because i believe they have missed a TüV permit regarding different engines and weight on the s6, otherwise it should be the same on the s4 with just one option, not two.) So if you where to change just the front springs to the front springs in the 1516-140 kit it should be better as this is spring is made for the S4 with AAN Engine and the S6 ANN have the same weight and springplate on the struts so no different there.

So that´s your option... Eibach will never admit that they are wrong, just look at VW now with the emission scandal...
        i emailed him again this morning with your information. thanks for all the fine detail here. i've asked him to get on to eibach and ask why on earth they are punting out ONE spring kit for the S6 when it was made with two VERY different sized engines!!

keep you posted . . .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

update today - opinions please!!

"Hi Craig,

The shocks do not normally make a difference to the ride height unless you change them and the new units have a different spring seat position.

The listing for the S4 Audi 100 depends on the gearbox type. The manual cars use the E1516-140 the E1528-140 is for auto’s. Regardless of this the springs have taken your car to around the ride height that is expected so as I detailed in my email yesterday it is likely your car already had lowering springs fitted or the original springs have sagged over time. This coupled with the fact the S6 is lowered from the factory has meant they haven’t lowered the your car as much as expected.

To be fair to Eibach UK, Ben has spent quite a long time pouring over the diagrams of the two different front springs and has requested quite a large amount of technical data from the factory in Germany to assist us with this. So they do now know that there is possibly an issue however without getting cars through the work shop to test it is not going to be an easy task to get to the bottom of. I would imagine the simplest way to fix this would be to take the springs out of production and make them obsolete.

With regard to the springs from the E1516-140, Eibach UK has offered us a little extra discount to help us with this. The normal cost price to us for a single spring for this kit is £38+VAT each, they have offered them to me for £30+VAT each plus the normal carriage charge of £10. This would give you a total of £82 for the pair. At full retail they would be £146. They only slight issue is that they would need to be ordered from the factory, they will take around 2-3 weeks to arrive in to the UK from the date of order."

Comment

Is everyone stupid that works with or at Eibach? I don't know why they talk about shocks and sportchassie springs here and there. They are selling a product they think are universal. And thats wrong!

The facts are there, you have two different spring kit for the S4 sedan and only one for the S6 sedan!
            Both cars use the same chassie and have different types of engines and gearboxes.
            Both cars came with sportchassie (which is harder and shorter springs) if you orderd that, when the car was new

They can even see that if they compare The spring art. Number in The S4 V8 auto kit which is The same as The only kit you can choose for a S6 then its pretty obvious that it wouldnt be correct for a S6 5cyl with manual gearbox.

This is a misstake or a shortcut from Eibach side and nothing else.
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Also you can buy the 1515001f new for 100€ A pair, so that ******** about retail at 146£ i don't fall for either...
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

what really pisses me off is that they feel the need to patronise me with a ****** discount offer on the correct springs for my car, instead of just swapping them for the wrong ones they sold me - but of course, that would be admitting that they are wrong!!

Comment

I totally agree...
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Wrath why dont use H&R 29771 this springs are for Audi S6 plus,as per H&R they are race springs,but cost a lot!

Comment

• Cause i don't have a S6 plus and The H&R springs are progressive like eibach (to soft) as The ones for The 200 20v has linear springs and fits
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• So asking the experts, Do H & R or Eibach have spring kit that is progressive springs for a UrS4 I5 20vt, that lowers both ends 40mm ?

Thanks.

Comment

• They are named H&R 29800 (29800-1)
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• update:

i mentioned the words "not fit for purpose" and "trading standards" to the importer and Eibach have decided to give me the urS4 front springs free of charge. I can't wait to see how it looks with these correct springs fitted to my car . . hopefully when they realise that they've fooked up, then no more S6 aan owners will have to go through this nonsense again.

Comment

• Good news 'Gene', looking forward to the before and after photos.

In the meantime, bought a set of H&R 29800 springs.

Will advise how they work out in due course, should have them in my hand early next week.

Comment

• Quoting the "Sale of goods Act" usually brings about a miraculous u turn in fortune!

Good for you Craig!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant
                                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X