No announcement yet.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit urs6 , too high in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, you don't know what H&R spring it was? Partnumber? That look I do like, not too low but not too high as with The eibach
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
      Mark, you don't know what H&R spring it was? Partnumber? That look I do like, not too low but not too high as with The eibach
      I don't know the part Nos and i'm not sure if the seller recorded that but i could always ask him.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
        I hear you but for me this current setup doesent work, if you ride country lane yes but not inspired driving and fast acceleration, so if someone can shed some lights on this matter I would be grateful, otherwise it has to be coilovers...
        Wrath we were not on a Sunday country lane drive on the Scottish tour, far from it!! .

https://youtu.be/JOBY3ZiLO7w
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Enjoy that look and stance!

i did !! it looks like someone pinched your calipers!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

You only jealous Craig, that temporary affliction was due to uneven ground and was only temporary, and being aware of Royston behind me. Right ok,wash bag for the trip? That's it,right .. .. shampoo check, hair brush check, hair dryer check,that's the hair department sorted then!

At leasts i can take it with grace unlike some!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              temporary, and being aware of Royston behind me.

At leasts i can take it with grace unlike some!

like the schmallfella!!

Comment

eibach are asking for the front and rear axle load weights for the S6!!!

does anyone knonw how i can help them with their blatant fukkup??

Comment

The static weight of my urs4 advant with log is 1000kg front 800kg back if that's any use.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

1240 and 1200kg

Have already Talked to Eibach please include your mail conversation, talked to some Marie heisse or something like that, they just told me that it was in spec with -25 and -30 but it should be -35 and -30 LOL

Ive seen that you can rebuild your rear bilstein with off The shelf bits to a DIY coilover,
                    http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/312613.phtml

but front is more work

http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=224
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

thanks for that, wrath - i take it the front end is the heavier of the two??

i am going between the importer and eibach so don't have any direct dealings with the spring manufacturer's .. .
                      Last edited by geneandbolly; 22 September 2015, 08:12.

Comment

the importer says he needs information shown on a plate like this. does the S6 have one hidden somewhere???

Comment

ok, an email from the importer this morning:

"Hi Craig,

We have had further information from Eibach this morning.

Firstly you need to understand that the lowering amounts quoted for these springs are for the normal 2.3, 2.6, 2.8 and 2.5 TDI Quattro models. As your car is the S6 it will have factory fitted sports suspension which means the drop achieved by these springs will be less.

Eibach have given us ride height figures taken when this spring kit was initially developed and fitted. They are;

Front 362mm
                          Rear 360mm

The figures you gave us were;

Front 368mm
                          Rear 367mm (without Eibach)

This means that the lowered amount on the front of your car is only 6mm away from the expected drop with the springs just fitted. The 6mm may be down to the springs needing to settle or a common mistake when fitting new suspension is to tighten all the fixing bolts for the suspension without the weight of the car on them. This results in the bushes being put under pre-tension which can result in a slightly higher ride height.

There are two possible causes for these spring not lowering your car. The first is that it is already fitted with some kind of aftermarket lowered suspension. The second is that if the car still had the original factory suspension fitted to it it will have sagged over the 18 years the car has been on the road. This can easily be up to 10-15mm.

The springs from the E1516-140 kit which is not listed for your car do have a softer rate which may result in a larger drop however Eibach have not recommend that you do this – especially if the shocks on the car are the original ones or they are getting tired."

the suspension on my S6 is factory standard sports type = pink and silver dots evident.
                          the urS4 springs are surely "softer" because they were intended to support a car with the lighter 2.2 AAN engine, not the 4.2 V8 which the eibach springs seem to be engineered for??

surely, if eibach quote a height drop of 30/ 35mm FOR THE S6 then this has nothing to do with the models that this chap mentions at the top of his email??

any thoughts?

Comment

Do you have 1516-140 kit on your S6 with 5cyl AAN? Or do you have the V8?
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

it's the E1528-140 kit i bought for my S6.

Comment

Can check my mesaurement later on, but mine was similair or even higher in the front with the 1528-140 thue to new bushings everywhere...

"The springs from the E1516-140 kit which is not listed for your car do have a softer rate which may result in a larger drop however Eibach have not recommend that you do this – especially if the shocks on the car are the original ones or they are getting tired."

Fun fact is that E1516-140 is also for S4 with AAN Engine, so to say thats not for our car is just bad knowledge, even eibach says so (because i believe they have missed a TüV permit regarding different engines and weight on the s6, otherwise it should be the same on the s4 with just one option, not two.) So if you where to change just the front springs to the front springs in the 1516-140 kit it should be better as this is spring is made for the S4 with AAN Engine and the S6 ANN have the same weight and springplate on the struts so no different there.

But I feel the Bilstein proggresive rear spring are way to soft for me, OEM sportsprings are alot harder than these (but too high) so will change all 4 springs to H&R 29800 for the Audi 200 that has linear rear springs thats harder. Another option is to cut the OEM sportsprings and reshape them with heat so you can lower the car that way, it will get stiffer by doing this. And as many people say it´s not recommended i did my own research. So I talked to a person that builds race cars, dragsters and are a Ohlin suspension expert for a living (no name mentioned of that person) and he said that it´s no problem at all doing this, it has been done for ages and it´s just a myth that the springs will collaps if you cut off pieces of it. He told be just to let it cool for it self and not chill it after warming, then it could be problems. And as I know what he have done in the Motorsport circus for the last 30 years I don´t doubt he knowledge for a second.

So that´s your option... Eibach will never admit that they are wrong, just look at VW now with the emission scandal...
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X