034 Short Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...port-Backed%29

according to this thread, they say that the solid lifter will retain the lockout on the 1st on 01E 6speed boxes that the reverse is next to the 1st gear.

can this be clarified, as if it is indeed something that is retained then im interested as well.

Comment

I'm seeing current 034 Motorsports price for the JHM shifter at $235 which roughly equates to around £155
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
        I'm seeing current 034 Motorsports price for the JHM shifter at $235 which roughly equates to around £155
        Plus shipping and taxes.
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
          Plus shipping and taxes.
          So that's around £55 for the shipping and taxes IF I decide to join the group buy ?
          Blimey how much would it be if I ordered direct from 034 !
          I would love one but just like everyone else I want one as cheap as possible
          For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

buying directly from the US the least amount to pay in the UK will be around 15£ and that is if special labeling and pricing is used for the shipment. But that is not guaranteed so its a risk you have to take.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...port-Backed%29

according to this thread, they say that the solid lifter will retain the lockout on the 1st on 01E 6speed boxes that the reverse is next to the 1st gear.

can this be clarified, as if it is indeed something that is retained then im interested as well.
              I find the text in that thread not quite reassuring..

Does it maintain the Reverse gear lockout?
              No it does not. This is not necessary on 5 speeds with reverse all the way right and down, even Audi dumped it on the 99.5 and up 5 speeds and all major manufacturers like honda, ford, etc have no lockout with that 5 speed pattern. The reverse lockout contributes to some of the slop as well. As for the 01E transmissions with reverse next to 1st, yes we keep it on those.
              so if someone could clarify this...

Comment

I have emailed 034 and JHM for clarification and i will post if i get any.

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                  so that looks the same as the $110 model from 034?

btw: here are the instructions on how to mod it to have the reverse lock-out (6 speed box)
                  In my opinion I'm using excactly the same part as 034, so modification for 6speed gearboxes will be required and same.

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                  Doesn't look that short and or solid in the vid really? Or is it just me?
                  However if it works for my ABY I will buy one as it's really hard to select gears with it at the moment.
                  Originally posted by gripper View Post
                  No, its not just you I was thinking the same thing
                  To video was made soon after placing the part into car. It was very cold then. Maybe if you got OE shifter rubber bearing in good condition it just doesnt show difference.

Also with this "shifter" theres no need to push it down when selecting reverse gear, but theres no chance to put reverse after fifth gear (in 5speed box).

As you can see on the picture, alloy "underpads" are added to prevent slipping down problem. You will also receive washers - not shown. Seven sets almost ready, next three will be ready tomorrow.

Finaly about the cost. As I wrote before group buy price will be 45 Pounds + shipping. If you expect direct delivery to any of you, it will give another 10 Pounds each for shipping in Europe. If you decide to choose one receiver whole delivery will be cost free.

I'm ready to answer any questions to make you more confidence. BTW, I sold over 30 sets of these in Poland to members of Polish Audi80 Club and there was no complaints.

Comment

And does it work for the 6-speed box in the S2?

Comment

How about 6 gear boxes?

Comment

Yes it does. But modification using old 6spd driving bracket is required.

Comment

Originally posted by DeS View Post
                          Finaly about the cost. As I wrote before group buy price will be 45 Pounds + shipping. If you expect direct delivery to any of you, it will give another 10 Pounds each for shipping in Europe.
                          and now in € for those of us not on the island?

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                            and now in € for those of us not on the island?
                            Good point. I even prefer payment in Euro. That would be 54Euro for kit and 12Euro for individual delivery in EU.

Comment

Yep im in for 2 of these...

Comment

I can sell 034 short shift. Almost new. Gone 1000 km.
                                If interested. Please pm
                                Audi RS2 600 hp
                                Audi S2 1200 hp
                                MB 230E '83
                                https://www.facebook.com/ventracing.lv/

Comment

Working...
                                X