Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old member returning after a prolonged absence due to health issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your understanding and kind words Andy, it means a lot to me.

I just have to stay positive and remember I'm healing all the time, more physically than anything at the moment but also mentally, just gotten back from my afternoon walk/march which always makes me feel good.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

my last post posted accidently, sorry, i had a bit more to say. not least that despite not checking in often lately this place is a source of great comfort and familiarity with so many long term and recognisable members some of whom i have had the pleasure of meeting in person. i will get another thread going on the present state of my CQ.
      the 'ffs' was not being able to edit post either!
      luckily i didn't smash up my new phone.
      take care and look forward to the progress we can all make with the state of our cars and our mental health's.
      thanks
      Phil
      95' 2.8E Coupe quattro pearl blue
      97' A3 1.8T Sport Auto Silver

95' Yamaha FZR600R

Comment

No worries at all Phil I guessed you’d had a problem typing and were displaying frustration, I can barely use my phone to post anything at all at the moment as my hands are painful from pushing the exercise too far. Even if they were both functioning properly I’d still find the thing frustrating to operate, though I am slowly warming to this new technology.

I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting quite a few fellow members and have made some good friends over the years, hence my upfront and honest first post.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Comment

Just a wee bump to say I've not been very well again over the Xmas period,. However I'm doing just fine again now and am going to be starting a project thread on my C4 2.8 Q very soon as I need to get out in my workshop and start making use of it,

As soon as I get my two poster installed I'll be starting a mammoth RS2 resto thread, the car is going to live on the ramp for some time as not only have I got the brakes and various bushes ect sorted out, I also have the joyous task of replacing the clutch. As genuine RS2 clutches are now NLA as far as I know (happy to be proved wrong!!) I'm in the lucky position of being able to purchase Charlies brand new clutch that I fitted for him a month or so before he really stuck his beautiful car though a hedge, it's probably done less than 1K miles so is effectively new.

Anyway, I'm back again

Comment

Stick in there mate. We all miss your lovely long posts
            I can't wait to see that RS2 getting the proper treatment
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              Anyway, I'm back again

Comment

Cheers Dave, your always welcome for a cuppa and chat if you happen to be this way.

Yeah, that RS2 needs some serious love, however it's not actually that bad, a good clean and detail would go a long way. I've got 90% of the parts required to fully overhaul the car. I'm torn between poly bushings everything (medium grade firmness) or going down the OE route. Dampers will be Bilstien B8's up front and new stock items at the rear. Springs will of course be stock, anything else is heresy. I have to say my S2 was fully poly bushed (medium grade) and that seemed about spot for UK roads, the ride was just right and the car handled about as well as a B3 Coupe could manage.

Wheels will of course be stock and refurbed to a very high standard, tires will be Toyo T1-R's

I have the larger front brake set up to fit. Got the pleasure of removing a snapped stud from the O/S hub that decided it was going to break as I was undoing it. Still once I get the hub in the vice and apply some heat I'm sure II'l be able to extract it.

And most of the exhaust heatshields need replacing. Which Eric to his credit had the sense to buy them while you still could.

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

Cheers John, All being well I shall be up your way late this autumn (after the midges) in my C4 mobile house, would be great to catch up in person over a coffee.

Comment

Hi Kit, good to see you in good spirit again.
                    sigpic_________
                    Rob

Comment

Hi KitTotally missed this thread, "heftig" as we say in Dutch. Great to see you back on here

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                        Hi KitTotally missed this thread, "heftig" as we say in Dutch. Great to see you back on here
                        Hiya mate, good to see another old face still here.

have to ask as you Dutch what sort of music you like to party to. As I play Dutch/Scottish Hardcore specifically from 1992-1997 on vinyl, got a mint set of 1200's and SH-EX1200 mixer. And it's my main hobby after cars.

Comment

Originally posted by robo View Post
                          Hi Kit, good to see you in good spirit again.
                          Heya Rob, thanks for the positive vibes, it means a lot to me.

Got a couple of Dissy's put by for you, but a part No would be vert useful!|

Drop me a text or even give me a bell if you want and we'll get something sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Cheers John, All being well I shall be up your way late this autumn (after the midges) in my C4 mobile house, would be great to catch up in person over a coffee.
                            I'd like that, are you still on the same number?.....ending 745 ?

Comment

Sorry you had a rough time over Xmas bud keep those endorphins up and spend more time outdoors and in the garage, sure that is the therapy you need, pm me your address I'll send you a little gift from our shop

Comment

we party best to the sound of beating the germans at football

great classic DJ gear

Comment

Working...
                                X