This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Update!

As you can probably see we've finally got around to upgrading the forum to the latest vBulletin software which included quite a bit of work from myself and Greg to migrate everything.

We've got all users, avatars, images, threads, posts etc across - but if anything is missing or you notice any bugs please do let us know in this thread!

We have quite a long list of stuff we still need to do such as the homepage with latest posts, for sale, wanted etc plus some further improvements for the search engine and lots of other outstanding bits and pieces...

If you can bear with us during all this and provide some feedback after the upgrade that'd be great, thank you!
    Last edited by Sonic; 23 July 2017, 01:44.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

is this the final version of the layout, color combo?

i liked the old one much better
    sigpic

Comment

Well done guys, i know this is a lot of heavy lifting!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

So I was trying to send a PM but appenrently the total number of allowed PM's have been lowered to 1000 PM's instead of the current 2000?

Or at least it tells me to delete 800 PM's.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Sonic
          Sonic commented
          Editing a comment
          Fixed, and i've allocated you a few extra

• Sonic
          Sonic commented
          Editing a comment
          Should all be fixed now.

Congratulations on the migration chaps. I'm with Varia, the old colour scheme and layout were perfect, can you reproduce that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
          As you can probably see we've finally got around to upgrading the forum to the latest vBulletin software which included quite a bit of work from myself and Greg to migrate everything.

We've got all users, avatars, images, threads, posts etc across - but if anything is missing or you notice any bugs please do let us know in this thread!

We have quite a long list of stuff we still need to do such as the homepage with latest posts, for sale, wanted etc plus some further improvements for the search engine and lots of other outstanding bits and pieces...

If you can bear with us during all this and provide some feedback after the upgrade that'd be great, thank you!
          I just want to thank you guys for keeping up this great forum. Thumbs up!

Comment

Congratulations on the migration chaps. I'm with Varia, the old colour scheme and layout were perfect, can you reproduce that?

Comment

Hey it dosent Seem to work If you Google something and it finde a older topic thread. It wont go into the thread only to s2 main page

regards Chris

Comment

• Sonic
                Sonic commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you provide an example of this?

Preferred the old format I know there is a few minor adjustments still to come but this colour scheme doesn't work for me appreciate the hard work you have done?

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post
                is this the final version of the layout, color combo?

i liked the old one much better
                +1 for dark theme

Comment

I liked the old one more to

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
                    I liked the old one more to
                    The theme will be updated, but we had spent the best part of 16 hours yesterday upgrading the site. If there are any front end experts who can design a good colour scheme that works with the site that would be great
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well done, lots of work to do a job like this.
                      Not sure what you've got planned now, but the way I used to interact with the old forum was (mostly) to list new posts (grouped by topic) and look at what interested me, then mark all as read.
                      I can't see such/equivalent functionality at present; is that because I'm not looking/understanding, it works to different concepts or it's a planned update?
                      Thanks.

PS The theme is fine for now, functionality is more important.

Comment

Tapatalk seems not to work..

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                          Tapatalk seems not to work..
                          we will be replacing with a mobile app instead. Also the current site is designed to work with mobile. Are there particular features from tapatalk that you would like?

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                          X