S2 Avant into saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamo:

If you are going to put in so muich time and effort to do that, i would rather build new from scratch with right rollcenter/caster/camber/kingpin etc. etc.

Back to topic though!

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Theres a chappy name of James who lives on the Isle of Wight (not terrybullwon) who is/was `making` a S2 saloon... not heard anything of him for a while (maybe a year or so) but when i popped over there he had done loads of research on the correct parts and had a few donor cars at his garage with various parts being trialed and errored. Im pretty sure that James (terrybullwon) would know how far hed actually got with the project.
      S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

The rear avat seats are a no go dor the saloon btw...
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
          @dest - have you changed your medication recently...

Sell the lovely Avant as is... Use that money to get a rough looking (mechanically sound) Avant donor and a tidy looking (mechanically rough) B4 Sedan - THAT is the best path to enlightenment.

Id have to rebuy a lot of bits that Ive already got though!
          Shocks, boost hoses, brakes, wheels etc etc
          I know mine is mechanically sound, where as buying a different cheap avant could open up tons of extra costs sorting out problems with it.
          Where as, at the moment all I would need is a saloon and maybe some different springs due to the rates

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
            The rear avat seats are a no go dor the saloon btw...
            Not really a major issue, but good to know.
            Do you know what makes them different?

Comment

I was looking at doing this which is why I have a Pearl White 2.6 V6 quattro (Project Blondie). I still would love to but don't have the time at the mo, so ended up with the coupe again . The S2 Saloon is a real looker
              Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Just seen your sig how much.... humour me!

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Hate to say it - but the B4 rear suspenders are superior to B3... feels more planted somehow - even my tired old saloon shows that (over my tired old coupe)...
                  Even with stock ARBS my avant is way more controlled than the coupe. And the extra rigidity of the body shell is noticable too... BUT, it does understeer a lot more.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                    Just seen your sig how much.... humour me!
                    PM Sent
                    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

To fold the avant rear seats you lift up the seat base and tilt it forward, then the seat back folds forward into where the base was and then there is a totally flat load bay.

In the b4 saloon the seat back just folds forward over the seat base, it doesnt go quite as far down as the avant, not really an issue but i would imagine enough to stop interchageability.

If you could find a nice clean 2.6/2.8 quattro saloon with a nice interior and a blown engine/tranny it would be ideal.

Would make a really nice car.
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Not really a major issue, but good to know.
                        the backrest upper locking points are elsewhere, the bacrest height is different.
                        dont even try, it is a waste of time.
                        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I wouldnt try, just saying its not a problem to not be able to use the avant seats.
                          Does anyone know if the main loom can be kept and just the engine one swapped over?

Comment

Just need a saloon now, Rotorboys would be perfect depending on price! Anyone know of any others?

Comment

impreza wagon and saloon have same fixing and height differences. think they stopped off at audi after looking at the old 4 pot 911 boxer engine.

had a return visit for the 6 speed a few years later.

Comment

I wouldnt try, just saying its not a problem to not be able to use the avant seats.
                                Does anyone know if the main loom can be kept and just the engine one swapped over?
                                Its all Audi 80 - so yes the main loom is the same - just need to transplant the engine loom and any nice optional looms for cruise and such that you need. I still think this plan is flawed with your current Avant as the donor as its much too good a car to go under the knife like this...

I hope this Avant of yours is not dest-ined for the graveyard.
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X