No announcement yet.

S2 Avant into saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldnt sell mine then buy another and a saloon and all the nice bits i can use from the one ive got!

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
      Getting the engine mounts swapped from my avant would not be an issue atall.
      My regular tuner would be able to do it no problem, and has a plasma torch too
      I have a pair already cut out lying around

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
      @dest - have you changed your medication recently...

Sell the lovely Avant as is... Use that money to get a rough looking (mechanically sound) Avant donor and a tidy looking (mechanically rough) B4 Sedan - THAT is the best path to enlightenment.
      Sell yours for a decent price you'd pick up a good avant for less then sell what you can't use and you'd still be in pocket.

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Scary, I have been thinking about whether this could be done for sometime now!!!
      It would be good but.... alot more expensive when it comes to replacing them when they wear out. One of the problems with a4's

Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
      Theres a chappy name of James who lives on the Isle of Wight (not terrybullwon)
      Faaaaaast on here, he's been busy with work (nice job he has) and currently is getting ready to swap the running gear from his v6 quattro onto his v6 saloon because the bodyworks better on the saloon.

I wouldnt try, just saying its not a problem to not be able to use the avant seats.
      Does anyone know if the main loom can be kept and just the engine one swapped over?
      Yes you can use the interior loom, rest is just plug and play, tbh if you could get both cars there side by side it would be a very easy job to do and could be turned around quite quickly.

You'd make a bit from all the parts removed from the saloon.

Comment

Sorry but it just doesnt add up!
        Say for arguements sake i get 3.5k for my s2, then buy another for 2.5k which would probably come with plenty of problems!
        Then a saloon for approx 500 if im lucky.
        I then have to get boost hoses, wheels, brakes, homefry, tyres, springs, shocks and whatever else it needs all for 500 quid?!
        At the moment i just have to get a saloon and a few other bits and bobs a long the way. Plus i have the knowledge all my parts and most importantly the engine is running sweet as a nut!

Comment

Oh, i forgot the milltek ive already got too!

Comment

i say buy marks (rotoryboy) and get on with it. Use petes mounts that have already been removed and try and sell you shell on or transfer everything over from the donor onto your avant and sell it on.
            Or buy my cab as i might be selling it
            Gav
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I'd sell your current very tidy Avant, for say 4K ish. Then wait till a suitable write off/stolen recovered comes up for grabs to use for the conversion, could get one for not much more than a grand. Just my opinion, would be a pity for such a tidy car to be broken.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

My plan would be:
                Buy saloon
                Sell any bits off it definitly not needed
                Swap everything into saloon
                Sell any bits left over from both

Comment

I couldnt be bothered with waiting for a good cheap one to come up, they dont exist! Plus a crashed one with decent bits on like mine would always be broken as its worth more.
                  Seems funny that this morning everyone was saying mine isnt worth much but now are saying its really nice and worth decent money being too good to break!?

Comment

i am with you Dest, it is just a car after all

And if you want an s2 saloon then go for it, you have almost every pieces that is needed for sure, and your avant shell must be worth good money for someone that maybe want to build a stripped out track-day toy or something..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Id have a use for your avant shell, if i could weld! :mischeif:
                      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Fair point, it could be a long wait. That said a good mate and a member on here purchased a low mileage FSH, cat C (medium rear end) Avant for £500, this was a couple of years ago as well when these cars actually fetched what their worth. Suppose it depends on how much patience/space you have. The cheapest solution would be to buy a doner car whist you still have your current S2, swap over any bits you wish to retain for the conversion ie Miltek ect and sell the car, all be it for a little less. Loads of hassle I know but I have the privilege of space and proper workshop.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I simply cant see any good reason to why i would want it to work out more expensive, take longer, or have a lower spec? Being realistic, how often do good spec cheap crashed s2's come up for sale? Plus if its crashed id probably have to replace some bits too! If i did go for it i would use my avant no question.
                          So can we leave the moral issues and stick to the technical side of it please

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                            Id have a use for your avant shell, if i could weld! :mischeif:
                            be easier using a non s2 shell i.e. 2.6 v6 quattro

I simply cant see any good reason to why i would want it to work out more expensive, take longer, or have a lower spec? Being realistic, how often do good spec cheap crashed s2's come up for sale? Plus if its crashed id probably have to replace some bits too! If i did go for it i would use my avant no question.
                            So can we leave the moral issues and stick to the technical side of it please
                            So when you planning on doing this if you do? Seems you've already made your mind up, if you do need any help give me a shout if i'm free i'll come up and give you a hand. Shame you ain't got a lift, that would make it stupidly quick to do the swap, unbolt everything possible, lift the shell up above, then drop on the new shell.....

Yeah bwoy be racing in no time at all

Comment

Remember you have to factor in welding in the engine mounts!
                              I do want to do it, but would have to save a little first to buy the saloon, but in time it is definitly something I am going to seriously consider

Comment

i reckon most bits could be swapped over in 2-3 days easily including welding in new mounts

Comment

Working...
                                X