Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck with this one John. If anyone can fix it you can

Comment

• This is the trickiest bit to deal with (so far), a crease in the inner wheel arch where it connects to the floor and the bottom of the A pillar. This was where the wheel rim came back and hit the body.

dont worry body shop can make it back as it was , i had a much worser cases then this and its fixed like new your is 10% from what i had to fix

Comment

• Originally posted by kninio View Post
        This is the trickiest bit to deal with (so far), a crease in the inner wheel arch where it connects to the floor and the bottom of the A pillar. This was where the wheel rim came back and hit the body.

dont worry body shop can make it back as it was , i had a much worser cases then this and its fixed like new your is 10% from what i had to fix
        Good to hear! There's a double layer in the floor there so may have to take it apart, straighten and weld back together. I hadn't really thought about taking to a body shop to do this bit, my buddy is pretty good with the puller and one of the guys at work can weld (I learned to weld but not since I was an apprentice, which is a while ago now!)

On the nuts and bolts side of things, the drive shaft with the broken CV joint is off, all bolts came easy except one which was a complete nightmare and needed my biggest easyout banged into it with 3 extensions and a 1/2 breaker bar.. The oil cooler and Aircon rad are both trashed but the water rad is good and water level has not dropped at all, front panel is also ok with just one small crack which I can easily fix.

Happy days!

If I can get an oil cooler on it this weekend I can fill with oil and check the motor..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• yes really dont worry i know its tricky spot but its repairable if i could find the pic of that i fixed ill show u how simple your its let me tell u something , the bmw rim disapeard after accident and when we pulled thar corner we find the bmw logo squeezed inside the metal

Comment

• I've just been making a list, it's a bit daunting, I have to fix this RS4, the Dagdag still isn't working, the Coupe needs heater box change with new matrix, ABY loom fitting, coilpacks and fuel rail, the Avant needs Lambda fitting and fuel lines.. And I just heard the ur shell should finally be in primer ready for paint by the end of the week.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear you have crashed your RS4 I have been reading through this whole thread and you have done an amazing amount of work so I am sure you will have it back to its former glory as long as no one was hurt that's the main thing and good luck with the rebuild

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                I've just been making a list, it's a bit daunting, I have to fix this RS4, the Dagdag still isn't working, the Coupe needs heater box change with new matrix, ABY loom fitting, coilpacks and fuel rail, the Avant needs Lambda fitting and fuel lines.. And I just heard the ur shell should finally be in primer ready for paint by the end of the week.
                Christ John, thats a hell of a list. Good luck with it all. I hope you have deep pockets and a wife you can sell

Comment

• It's out of control...

On the plus side I've just paid in a cheque from the insurance company.
                  Last edited by newsh; 15 January 2014, 09:22.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• A cheque from the insurance company always helps but never feels quite right lol. (Im guessing as I have never had the pleasure)

Dude its more than out of control lol

Comment

• All these cars and nothing to drive, well not quite true but the Avant is all wet with fuel underneath, repairs in the fuel lines with bits of rubber hose have given up.. Coupe is the best bet at the mo since I bunged a bottle of Barrs Leaks in it and the windows have stopped steaming up It's still leaving a trail of PS fluid though.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I feel for you bud. I was in the same situation last year with 3 undeliverable cars. The Audi with a blown head, my van was not running right so turbo wouldn't boost and my beetle is sat body of the pan for a resto. I have some of that cuprinichol line if you need some for a repair on the avant fuel lines? I replaced mine with this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                          I feel for you bud. I was in the same situation last year with 3 undeliverable cars. The Audi with a blown head, my van was not running right so turbo wouldn't boost and my beetle is sat body of the pan for a resto. I have some of that cuprinichol line if you need some for a repair on the avant fuel lines? I replaced mine with this stuff.
                          I have a chance of some OEM lines, otherwise it's 8mm copper and compression fittings

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I cracked off one of the aircon connections, ready to take the rad off and there was a loud hissing noise! So the aircon rad is good as well, just cosmetic damage, happy days

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Of course into a suitable container for the gas that will END THE WORLD if its let out
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Yeah, I thought it was empty Only a tiny bit escaped though

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X