No announcement yet.

2.8 V6 Cabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go for specs, but when it comes to ordering speak to Yaz on here and he will sort you out!

http://www.kw-suspension.co.uk/coilover/audi-80.html

Comment

first of 4 parcels arrived... looking good so far!

MTEC drilled and grooved + EBC Red Stuff (Textar was going to take too long)

Comment

Parcels 2 & 3 turned up today... the best will come last though...

Comment

Looking good lee , Youll loves the kw's when you get them on
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
            Looking good lee , Youll loves the kw's when you get them on
            cheers bud, you got them on yours? the price puts them out of reach for a lot of people I think, which is a shame as manufacturers have affordable kits for most other cars...

Comment

I do bud .
              Also had them on a few other projects .

As you say , the price of them in relation to the value of the cars puts most people off. But if it's a keeper they're worth every penny

Gav
              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                But if it's a keeper they're worth every penny
                Good to know! she is definitely a keeper, I am trying to get all the bits done that are bugging me and having her perfect so I can move onto my Track car, its too easy and a false economy to find yourself modding two cars at once and not making much progress on either.

Have you ever changed seatbelt by the way? I need to do both as they are slow to retract and looking at the way the trim all fits together it looks a right PITA to get to with half the interior having to come out (!)

Comment

Consider pulling out the seatbelt, hold it out / extended with say a bull dog clip, and wash the belt with water and maybe some suitable cleaner, let it dry over night or longer, nd then see how they retract should be a bit better.

If you do decide to get a new drivers seat belt, consider buying a passenger side seat belt for a LHD car. The idea behind this is that when fitted on the divers side of the RHS car, you will have a locking seatbelt when fully extended and then allowed to retract, thus holding you in your seat like a three point harness.

Looking forward to seeing photos of the new stance on the KW1 coilovers.

Comment

thanks mate, the LHD seatbelt tip is a good one - didn't know that!

Will give it a good clean at the weekend and see if they can start to retract a bit better, I just assumed that the recoil springs had gone but worth a try, replacement belts are like £40+ each on fleabay

Comment

They're an awful lot dearer new from the Dealer.

I'd say washing them would be a safer bet that ones from e-bay, unless you take them from a car yourself that is in the breakers for a mechanical fault rather than a crash.

The dirt that builds up on the belt makes the belt stiffer and therefore it is more reluctant to retract through the acute angle of where the belt 'goes into the body' of the car.

This dirt issue / annoying retraction issue naturally applies to Coupes and Saloon/Avants also.

When I first heard this, I didn't think it would make a difference, but as it was a no cost job, I did it, and it did help.

YMMV.

Comment

Unfortunately the seat belts in these cabriolets never retract very well. Not in one of the ones I have had. And for your information the passenger side in my cabriolets were no better either.

I should say clean them as already suggested and when dry spray some silicone spray on the belts, maybe it helps a bit.

Comment

Quick update, after sending two pad shipments back to MTEC because they wouldn't fit, it turns out that the car isn't fitted with standard calipers and in its previous life has received an upgrade courtesy of twin-pot UR Quattro Turbo callipers...

Who knew?

In any case, red stuff front pads have been fitted and the bedding in process shall begin, although that won't be for a while because we are still waiting for the KW V1s to come in from Germany and although the front bushes have already been done when the brakes were being changed, the wheel alignment wasn't worth wasting money on if its going to have to be done again.

At this rate it'll be winter again before the car is on the road!

Comment

Oh the joys.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Big shout out to Yaz for sorting this out for me... things are about to get interesting! :-)

Comment

I'm drooling...
                                1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
                                1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                                1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                                1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
                                2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
                                2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Working...
                                X