No announcement yet.

2.8 V6 Cabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a tab in there for the roof on vcds but not all cabs are electric, does it have a roof button where the diff lock button would normally be on an s2, if it doesn't it's a manual roof, you will need to lift the flaps and there is a little metal tab either side of the bronze coloured latch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Electric roof

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Gave her a good clean today, alloy wheel protector on and some winter prep such as rain-x and so on, looked lovely when clean!

Comment

Hmm, will scan my car tomorrow if I get time and have a look at what the options are mate

Comment

Thanks Lee, I should start a thread really, rather than clogging your's up

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post

Very clean
              sigpic
              Cab 2.3E
              90q
              URS6

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Cool.

My son's girlfriend has a 2.6 Cab, S reg. The roof won't open though and it needs some love sounds gorgeous though, just purrs away. Can I get any info on the roof with vagcom? Are there common faults with the roof that we could look at?
                Ciao Newsh

As already correctly stated youn can VAG.COM the roof
                On my chinese VAG I can't remember which one i log in usually i mistake the sunroof diagnostic with electric roof or viceversa (you see...) if one does'nt work try the other as i do everytime lol..
                That said common issues are cables looms in the boot hinges with cracked wires and/or the central locking actuator in the boot.
                The latter it's easy to check by just turning with key the boot lock to "always closed" position if the roof works then you need actuator (costy but can be repaired) or do the key trick when you need an open roof (annoying)
                http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Those rims are fantastic, wish I could source them for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
                    Those rims are fantastic, wish I could source them for mine.
                    Thanks mate, there are actually a few available on eBay at the moment - well, eBay.co.uk that is, but you could look at p4d for a delivery quote if its viable.

Comment

Aww yea! Looking smart! I didn't realise how much stretch you were running on those tyres

Comment

Right peeps, big things coming to this car... I have just hammered my bank account after saving for a while and I plan on tackling all the bits that have been needed for a while.

So far ordered:

- KW Variant 1 Adjustable coilovers (Thanks to Yaz who is sorting this for me!)
                        - Ferrodo DS Front Brake Discs
                        - EBC Green Stuff Front Pads
                        - Full Powerflex poly bush kit for the whole car (inc. Subframe mounts)

Now I just need to wait for all these goodies to arrive.

Turns out the Front passenger side bushes were missing in the lower joints (that explains the vagueness)

The car should feel like its a whole new machine when its done!

Comment

That will make a hell of a difference. I had a 2.3 cabriolet with a KW coilover kit fitted, was lovely to drive even with 17'' wheels. I dare to say better than the 2.8 with OEM suspension and 17'' wheels.

Comment

Cool, good to hear, the OEM suspension is soft as anything, well, it is on my car at least.

Can't wait to have this gear all here and get started!

Comment

Well my 2.8 was pretty firm on it's OEM suspension so it might be your springs and dampers are not that good anymore.

Comment

Do you have specs on the Coilovers? I'd love to find something for my Cab
                                1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                                1995 90
                                2011 A4 Avant
                                1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X