No announcement yet.

2.8 V6 Cabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been pretty crazy with work lately and any free time has been taken up with raising funds for the Charity we are supporting on the Crumball Rally (which for us starts on the 6th of May, so getting pretty close now!)

One of the sponsors we have onboard for the Crumball is a local garage in Northampton that is proving to be a great place to have your cars worked on, so far they managed to fix my B3 1.8T when no-one else could (including the guy who built it) and they have been excellent with my B6 S4 and this cabby.

When the opportunity came to seek out sponsors, Elite Motor Tune (www.elitemotortune.co.uk - ask for Ben) stepped up and took the car in for a full prep, service and to work on any issues so that we can see the end of the Rally without (hopefully) breaking down... they have swapped a track rod end, serviced her, fixed the brake light issue, setup the tracking, a coolant leak and a few other things. I now have the car back ahead of its stickering on Tuesday down in Hampshire by Abshot signs (who are also stepping in to support us - ask for Donna) and I will keep you posted on how that looks when I get it back!

Anyway, enough rambling, I have done some things myself...

New rear light lens, £29 from TPS

US Spec from Ruffiano (Cheers dude!) - just needed new velcro to stay in place at the bottom because the top section clicks in

Audi B5 A4 2.8 V6 Induction Filter (modified the holes to fit the 12V MAF and then cut the bolts down

More to come over the Easter weekend...

Comment

Finally, after ages of trying, speaking to flakey sellers and charlatans, I finally secure myself a hardtop with fitting kit for the bargain price of £450

So, do I go Kingfisher Blue or Keep it Silver? I quite like it silver at the moment

Comment

Bang tidy and silver all the way..

Comment

Kingfisher blue !
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

[QUOTE=lee_whitehead;792713]Finally, after ages of trying, speaking to flakey sellers and charlatans, I finally secure myself a hardtop with fitting kit for the bargain price of £450

So, do I go Kingfisher Blue or Keep it Silver? I quite like it silver at the moment

Here's mine....i quite liked it as it looked kinda funky but went body colour as that was always the intention.

Keep yours body colour.

Attached Files
            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 11 July 2014, 13:30.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

its been quiet of late with work stuff, the car has been parked up gathering dust until about a week ago when funds and time have allowed for a bit more progress...

Hardtop has been fitted, this was a bit of a pig because some of the fitting kit was broken, but I have had the broken bit remanufactured by a friend, so in it went to have the roof colour coded from original silver to Kingfisher blue. I did't get a chance to clean her for any photos as I was just collecting from the paint shop and dropping her off at Pristine in Woburn Sands to have all four wheels completely refurbished.

Should have her back by the end of the week and then its a case of fixing a few niggly things before my ABY black front leather seats arrive on the 8th and go in :devil:

before:

after:

Comment

Looking good their matey

Comment

well, got her back today, Pristine Wheels have done an amazing job once again with the wheel refurbishment, fourth time I have used them and never been disappointed in their work, highly recommend their service!

Comment

This is an absolutely cracking car, super clean and understated. Although the silver hard top was a bit quirky and cool, I'm glad you went body colour in the end, looks that bit more classy.

I used to live around leighton buzzard way and was always told to go to Pristine for wheel refurbs (never got round to it though!), the quality of their work is top notch.

Comment

Thanks mate, loads planned yet, custom mats, kW variant 1 coilovers, full polybush overhaul including steering bushes, then some refurb on the ABY seats and wiring in the heating elements, finally, will tackle some of the engine work look at the 12v.org links

Pristine will be getting my supra wheels soon, I think they are the best at what they do, they said last time I was there that they do circa 600 wheels a month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Does look cracking, and yes, pleased you went body coloured in the end for the roof... but ever thought of what it would look like in black?

Comment

A guy I followed from Solihull had a kingfisher blue cab with a black hardtop and it didn't appeal to me, the car was nice and he took care of it but just too much of a contrast, I like the fact that it now looks more coupe like and debadged, people ask me what it is [emoji1]

Comment

Do you remove the soft top completely to fit the hard top? Or does it fit over?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

I pull the roof back (it's an electric roof cab) as if it's summer, then mount the fitting kit under the side flaps, the. The roof goes on, sliding into place on the fitting kit (electric demister plugs in and bypasses the fan behind the seats - which is useless) and then tightens up at the front, it's heavy, but it's solid when it's in

Comment

Cool.

My son's girlfriend has a 2.6 Cab, S reg. The roof won't open though and it needs some love sounds gorgeous though, just purrs away. Can I get any info on the roof with vagcom? Are there common faults with the roof that we could look at?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X