No announcement yet.

Fluidampr Crankshaft Damper - All I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundamentally no one is making I5 parts for a living - you can’t do it. None can run a business on a wing & a prayer. People clamour for parts then most vanish when it comes time to put their money where their mouth it. The same people bitch about availability, then when someone brings a solution they bitch about the price, or they compare to some tin-pot China crap. The majority thinks eBay ***** is the benchmark, not quality and because they find some crap online when they search a part number, without knowing if it works or even fits. Few people have a clue about the time, effort and cost it takes to produce a high quality, engineered product.
    Sure, often it takes a long time to bring new parts to market - this is because the guys doing it are busy trying to make their living - on other projects that actually pay.
    People making vintage Audi parts are doing it for the love, it’s just a shame most of the people buying don’t give a ****.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Totally agree with Alex and i take my hat of to you and Wizard of Oz for doing what you do to help the community! There is one big problem with these old Audis and a good percentage of current owners obviously not all as there are many who sink large into their pride and joys. A few years ago they tended to get bought by people who figured out they can get quattro with 0-60 in 6 secs or less for peanuts but can't really afford to look after them other than usual consumables of oil - filters cheap tyres etc. Yep the lure of playing big trumps for peanuts without the will / love to want to put money in looking after them properly but are only to happy to attempt to sell them on for 300% profit and then wonder why their original 25 year old underside isn't worthy of someones hard earned £££££.

Personally i'm hoping someone can come up with a quick rack for the UrS6, i for one want one and would pay for it, it would make an already excellent handler on it's 255/40x17 plus spec guise that bit more fun to drive with quicker steering as that's the only thing letting the car down for me. Anyone? I think Macspring might be up for that too and surely our American fans would be interested.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• I am interested in having one for an ABY unit if there are units still available. Can I ask what modifications will I need to make, if any? Do I still use the stock timing chain sprocket and V belt pulley?

Thanks!
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
          I am interested in having one for an ABY unit if there are units still available. Can I ask what modifications will I need to make, if any? Do I still use the stock timing chain sprocket and V belt pulley?

Thanks!
          unlike the AAN , the ABY/ADU unit does not require any modifications to the oil pump housing for clearance. Thats because the ABY/ADU unit sits further forward.
          You can use your stock crankshaft timing belt sprocket yes. That is unaffected.
          the only pulley you are changing is your alternator pulley.
          MC/3B/7A - Converting from V-belt to 6-PK Serpentine pulley
          ABY/ADU - Converting from 4PK to 6PK serpentine pulley
          Issam N. Abed
          iABED Industries
          iABED Email | Facebook
          The build thread

Comment

• I'm also interested in ABY unit if still available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
              unlike the AAN , the ABY/ADU unit does not require any modifications to the oil pump housing for clearance. Thats because the ABY/ADU unit sits further forward.
              You can use your stock crankshaft timing belt sprocket yes. That is unaffected.
              the only pulley you are changing is your alternator pulley.
              MC/3B/7A - Converting from V-belt to 6-PK Serpentine pulley
              ABY/ADU - Converting from 4PK to 6PK serpentine pulley
              Great, this explains everything for me. So I will replace my 4PK-890 belt with a 6PK-890 belt and the appropriate pulley. Would you happen to have a part number for the correct pulley to fit my 120A alternator? When will the ABY damper be available for purchase?

Thanks!
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• great to see this happening. Hats off to Issam

I experienced first hands with the oil catch can GB that there may be delays, but he'll deliver the goods as promissed (or better)

Comment

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post

Great, this explains everything for me. So I will replace my 4PK-890 belt with a 6PK-890 belt and the appropriate pulley. Would you happen to have a part number for the correct pulley to fit my 120A alternator? When will the ABY damper be available for purchase?

Thanks!
                  6PK-894 belt is available directly from Contitech. It is used by both Mini & Volkswagen in various applications. You will not need to source an alternator pulley. We will be including it with the purchase.

Guys,
                  Please if you paid a deposit simply follow the instructions for completing the process.
                  Issam N. Abed
                  iABED Industries
                  iABED Email | Facebook
                  The build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                    great to see this happening. Hats off to Issam

I experienced first hands with the oil catch can GB that there may be delays, but he'll deliver the goods as promissed (or better)
                    I too have come to learn this..

So this is a public apology to Issam for suggesting otherwise
                    1994 UrS4 with RS2 turbo
                    1995 RS2 Avant Nogaro
                    1999 S4 2.7T Avant
                    2005 A3 3.2 q M daily 3dr
                    2007 C6S6 V10
                    2013 B8.5 allroad 2.0T for Mrs

Comment

• 2nd batch of ABY/AAN Fluidampr's have been dispatched.
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

• Damn, I just found out I need a new damper. I don't suppose you had any extras made up?

Sent from my Ulefone_Armor_5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I’ve totally forgotten about my deposit till last week. Has everyone received there aby fluidampr? I’ve contacted issam by email his reply was end of next week will be another batch made which was last week.I’ve sent another email just to confirm if there ready to buy but no answer? I know it’s only been a week but it was may 2017 I put the deposit down and I don’t know if he’s pissed off or what? I’m not going to pay the full amount till I know the next batch is ready. No I’m not having a go at him as I know he’s busy with other projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                            I’m not going to pay the full amount till I know the next batch is ready. No I’m not having a go at him as I know he’s busy with other projects.
                            Hi Michael,
                            You contacted me through facebook messenger on June 20th. You were told to send an email and we have been dialoging through that portal. You were given instructions on what to do and how to use the deposit towards an order. The last email I received from you after June 20th was last night (Sunday night) at 11.08.

Sorry but lets cut the tape ....you are having a go otherwise you wouldn't have posted here.
                            I understand you are trying to offload this to another person but as ive told you , we will set one aside for you on the next run and will respond to your email before end of business day today.
                            Thanks.
                            Issam N. Abed
                            iABED Industries
                            iABED Email | Facebook
                            The build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                              Hi Michael,
                              You contacted me through facebook messenger on June 20th. You were told to send an email and we have been dialoging through that portal. You were given instructions on what to do and how to use the deposit towards an order. The last email I received from you after June 20th was last night (Sunday night) at 11.08.

Sorry but lets cut the tape ....you are having a go otherwise you wouldn't have posted here.
                              I understand you are trying to offload this to another person but as ive told you , we will set one aside for you on the next run and will respond to your email before end of business day today.
                              Thanks.
                              Yes correct I contacted you through Facebook,messenger and emailed you yesterday. Sorry if this is how you think of this if I’ve posted this here as this is where I ordered the first aan fluidampr and now the Aby fluidampr. Regards Michael

Comment

• Hey there! Id love to get hold of a aby one please, I its available as soon as possible this would be hugely greatfully recieved, as the car is literally off the road at my friends busy workshop. (I gotta get it out of there as fast i can)

Will pm you. (I already have an advanced crank pulley, so dont need that, i also have that crazy diamond washer, does this change anything?)
                                I take it this uses the standard locking tool also?

Payment ready n waiting. Will pm now

Comment

Working...
                                X