Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal quality looked ok to me - even the audi seal kits (which were zf) had problems with the lip seal.
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• I currently overhauling my s2 non servotronic rack, struggling to loose end cap (No. 25). Can see some of the threads and it looks like there are common threads not counterclockwise thread. Is it possible to get the cap new if it gets damaged? Anyone how got som good tips to loosen it? have tried heat, penetrating rust solver and pliers to get enough torque. Struggling!

Comment

• I made me a tool to set the steering rack in and loosen end cap, but I need to repair the threads. Is end cap m52x1,5, anyone who know this? And is it possible to buy the end cap New from Audi or ZF? Hope someone can help me with an answer.

Emil

Comment

• Where is a source for this seal kit that will ship to the USA? My dealer tells me this kit is NLA in the States.
          TIA, Chris
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Nice thread and lot of good info there. Thanks fór that. Does anyone have OEM seal kit for sale? There isnt anything to find here. Mine steering rack looks like that doesnt leak, but rather have some seal kit on hand.

Odesláno z mého ASUS_X00QD pomocí Tapatalk

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• thanks to Ansta who linked this to me. i have one question about the process as a result of a failed attempt in the past on a different rack. do you need to align the spindle to a certain point on the rack upon reassembly?

i ask because i think this is how i screwed up a mk3 golf rack. as soon as i turned the car on, it turned itself hard left, i wonder if i just got the spindle in wrong. i'd like to avoid that scenario this time!

thanks
              1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

Working...
              X