91 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSG View Post
    Yes you should run coolant to the Turbo it will get to hot and damage the turbine housings if you don't.
    Agree. Some early turbo's didn't have water cooling and they didn't last as long and you had to run the engine for 3 mins before switching off! However, some turbos still only rely on oil cooling and seem to work ok (Holset). Has it got an aftermarket turbo?
    Last edited by Tractor Dave; 17 April 2020, 22:34.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

On all the turbo bikes at big cc racing we only use oil the turbo is a blow through set up and sits at the front off the bike by the front wheel so air gets to it. The turbo on your car doesn't get this luxury so will get very hot very quickly. Hence needing water to help it.

Comment

alright the previous owner used other setup on the car, without watercoolant, so i guess he has blocked it.

cant seem to find the water hose with the banjo anywhere on the returner pipe, so i guess ill have to make one myself.

anyone know how the «block CAP» on the engine block is fasten? Do i just pull it out?
        Last edited by Lopez90; 18 April 2020, 14:04.
        Audi S2 Coupe
        Audi A6 C7
        VW T5

Comment

I think I saw the water pipe on Audi Tradition.
          The plug should just tap out. Careful not to score the mating surface on the block.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Got a few tips on the s2forum Facebook page how to remove the cap.

fr0.jpg
            Removed some dead weight while i was under
            ac1.jpg

Removed oil filter housing, oil cooler pipes, turbo oil return line
            Gotta admit i was afraid i couldnt do it with the engine in the car, but got tons of space after removing everything.

fr1.jpg
            Drilled a hole, in with a big screw and a crowbar
            image_77712.jpg

Placing a order from 034 tonight for a new cap so i can get out some water

Strange to actully block it this way, and not block the orginal hose
            Audi S2 Coupe
            Audi A6 C7
            VW T5

Comment

Had my first 7 meters with the car today. Out and in of the garage

My stick is VERY loose. i have no problem getting the car in gear, but the stick is loose. Searched how the stick looks on other s2', and it looks like im missing some black plastic around? Could that be the reason?

29041.jpg

Audi S2 Coupe
              Audi A6 C7
              VW T5

Comment

Some time has gone since last update. Have driven the car 50 meters. Bought fox motorsport stainless exhaust. Very satisfied with the sound! But now something odd has happend. The car runs suddenly rough on idle and alot of smoke comes out of the exhaust. This happened ofc right before i was to test drive the car now on saturday... any ideas what could be wrong? Havent Done anything with the car other than change coolant and powersteering fluid. Installed new Bosch spark plugs after this happened. Sounds almost like it doesnt run on all cylinders
                Audi S2 Coupe
                Audi A6 C7
                VW T5

Comment

Si ifra om du vil bli kvitt bremsene foran, kjøper de gjerne Akkurat kjøpt meg et 91' prosjekt selv. Kjøpte du den som lå ute til 180k?

(sorry for Norwegian, nothing too see haha)
                  https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

blir vel ikke å kvitte meg med noe på den. ikke den som nettopp lå på Finn nei
                    Audi S2 Coupe
                    Audi A6 C7
                    VW T5

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez90 View Post
                      blir vel ikke å kvitte meg med noe på den. ikke den som nettopp lå på Finn nei
                      Lov å prøve hehe
                      https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
                      X