No announcement yet.

Giving the S2 some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Its always fun to hear these sounds lol.

On a side note, you will notice (as I did) that the side lights now do not match the headlight colour... I tried several new side light bulbs of different brand and strength and even some of those blue ones to see if I coudl get a match so it looked more 'uniform' but couldnt. If you manage to figure it out, share it with me bud lol. I hate having them not match and its driven me insane since I purchased the car nearly 5 years ago.

Comment

During the cold weather a couple of weeks ago the boot gas struts gave up the ghost, so I ordered a new pair from SGS Engineering, these I fitted about a fortnight ago... Likewise, at a similar time I was d!ckimg about with the rear headlining... Anyway, monsoon commeth and bootlid leaketh... So today I searched the forum threads and found one about rotating the boot rubber. So, I removed it, lovingly cleaned it all up and moved it around, and, so far, its.

Also took the Ur quattro on a 100 mile run to pick up the inlaws first thing.... Oh good gawd, driven hard, that car is 'an event'... Not as fast as the S2, but... oh, as mad as a box of frogs....
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Glad to see you've still got it, at least you know of a spares car local

just needs some s8's on it as one of you're earlier shots is crying out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
          Glad to see you've still got it, at least you know of a spares car local

just needs some s8's on it as one of you're earlier shots is crying out for them.
          Pete, don't! I keep looking at 18" rims... The temptation is getting too much.
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I too did my boot seal a few weekends ago but mine seems to be dry.. .My sunrroof doesnt though lol.

Comment

Glad there is so much life in the old girl to still set pulses racing. You're so lucky to have 3 magnificent claasics to choose from and enjoy.
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Walking through Tescos earlier I spied their 'luxury' car mats (all £19.97's tight-arseworth). Now bear in mind our S2 has muddy boots, dogs and kiddies through it on a daily basis, the original VAG mats were cream crackered and the chances are, this set will be likewise in about a year. Anyway, stood there looking at the Tescos ones and thought they probably wouldn't be too far off, so bought them...

And bunged them in...

Not a bad fit at all, with decent back gripper surface and a deep pile... Just need a dry day to hoover the old girl out now...
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Had a lovely moment earlier, entered a dual carriageway from a short sliproad with the S2, and being in rude health and on a confidence high, saw a gap of the approaching traffic and launched away in first, full bore, snatched second and was bang on target for the gap... new BMW 3 series thingy dag-dag starts flashing headlights angrily and floors it, big plume of soot to make life awkward.... No worries, S2 goes into 'oh-yeah, want some?' mode and fooks orf smartish... The BMW, bless, is left smoking and at WOT, flashing its lights, and with an empty bit of tarmac.... Tragic....
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well, the love worked...

MOT passed with flying colours this morning...
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Which reminds me, tax and insurance soon
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Well done, hope mine goes through too after all the work its had over the last few months... And is getting over the next week. MOT is soon too :S

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                          Well done, hope mine goes through too after all the work its had over the last few months... And is getting over the next week. MOT is soon too :S
                          It gets better, the Ur quattro passed this afternoon too...
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Brave man having not on the same day but well done. I thought it was bad enough having all 3 of mine in the same month haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                              Brave man having not on the same day but well done. I thought it was bad enough having all 3 of mine in the same month haha.
                              Don't laugh, but the Rallyrep was booked in today as well, but I've got a few silly little jobs not done on that, so I'll take it through until mext month...
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

OMG are you mad??? Hahaha I certainly wouldn't have the kahunas to have all 3 on the same day. Some would say that's pushing your luck hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X