Giving the S2 some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving the S2 some love

In the grand scheme of things the poor old girl doesn't get too much time spent on her, what with the usual family/work etc, then the other cars taking all the attention. But, bless, over the weekend the old girl has been given a good old scrub up and polish. Just the wheels to do something with now. But she does clean up really well...

85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

lovely
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Thanks Gav

Took some in the woods today, really can see why Emerald Green cars suffer from people pulling out in front of them...

If the weather is okay this weekend I'll have another bash at it...
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

looking great Ian - if only we could get shot of this bloody hosepipe ban in Hants Drought my a%%
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ian, did you come over to the isle of man a year or two ago with a load of guys in UR's?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
            Thanks Gav

Took some in the woods today, really can see why Emerald Green cars suffer from people pulling out in front of them...
            I always thought that was because i was coming at them faster than they expected

Nice to know there is an other emerald green one out there being cared for, out of interest what colour is your interior?
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

looking great Ian. looking after three cars sounds like hard work
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Looking very nice Ian,your car photos always feature your audis in some wooded area just off the road,which leads me to conclusion that you know all the good dogging sites in west sussex!
                Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Originally posted by Rilla View Post
                  Ian, did you come over to the isle of man a year or two ago with a load of guys in UR's?
                  That's the one

Douglas sea front

Point of Ayr

C37 hairpin at Baldwin

VBR
                  Ian
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                    I always thought that was because i was coming at them faster than they expected

Nice to know there is an other emerald green one out there being cared for, out of interest what colour is your interior?
                    Ah, it's the 'quattro' graphite cloth interior with the *cough* wood....
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                      looking great Ian. looking after three cars sounds like hard work
                      Thanks Chris... Poor old S2 has been sold short recently so I'm making it up to her now...
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by bertman View Post
                        Looking very nice Ian,your car photos always feature your audis in some wooded area just off the road,which leads me to conclusion that you know all the good dogging sites in west sussex!
                        Sadly Rob, the only dogging I do now involves a three mile walk and a slobbering collie...
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                          looking great Ian - if only we could get shot of this bloody hosepipe ban in Hants Drought my a%%
                          Our ban has been lifted, but they are fitting a water meter in a weeks time instead....
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well, bit more love, beavered away at the brakes and front suspension earlier in the month...

Then had a go at sorting out the state of the Avus...

But the old girl looked like this at half five this evening...

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Rear brakes are done, took my time with them, cleaning and wire brushing them right back, changed the boots, regreased, and freed everything up. Checked the handbrake cables and cleaned up all the mechanism...

So it looks like this now...:tup:

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X