No announcement yet.

My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it talks to late 97' C4 central locking pump I installed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
      Illumination partly fixed. Everything illuminates but automatic brightness works in completely opposite - it dims when I cover light sensor
      Isn't that how it should be? You don't need the illumination to get brighter at night.
      1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Illumination on climate, aux gauges, radio and cigarette lighter turns off completely when I cover cluster with my shirt.

Comment

Sveiki!
          Did you solved reading fuel tank level problem??

Comment

Hi!
            No, I just confirmed it's true that it reads fuel level opposite - needle is tilting right when fuel level drops.
            I think only way to solve it is to use cluster from A4, they are the same size and reads fuel level right way.
            S2 cluster is back in ATM. I'll complete adapter wiring while a6 cluster sits on my table because its loud and annoying beeping drives me mad every time I switch on ignition.

Comment

So, how hot was your day? Mine was this

+32°C out of sun and mirror just fell off

When I bought S2 instrument cluster, seller said that odometer is not working. It counted 9 kilometers in my car and died
              First thing that usually dies and causes odometer to stop is this tiny yellow gear missing some of its teeth

In my case gear was completely fine. Up to next - motor that drives those gears

I had no idea how to test it, so i took a look in my so called "crap-box" (huge box under my bed where i usually throw in car parts I don't know where to put ), found C4 100 cluster and replaced that motor. Took car to a test drive and yep, odometer is working again

Got these - bonnet hinge covers.

There was a discussion about them in RS2 America topic. I've seen a lot of them on cars here and only thing common on all of them - aircon on climate control.

Under rear seat carpet from avant

Bought new blade for key and gave it to locksmith to cut it.

Evolution of keys for my car: aftermarket -> brand new OEM -> HAA type with infrared remote -> fully working HAA flipbalde remote

Got another headunit. I like how these Blaupunkt units look and it's very easy to connect aux input - just connect wire and enable input in settings. and that's what it did - 3,5mm aux input jack in armrest.

Also replaced bulbs in mirror switch and ambient temp. display as they were blown but didn't took any pictures.

At last gave rear bumper and all other parts for painting. Painter has a lot of work to do so I hope parts will be painted within next week. But I'm not in hurry, I'm driving without these parts for at least a month

And last thing somehow related to this thread - I know at least 4 fwd -> quattro conversions, but all of them are avants. Is it possible on saloon? My friend was scrapping fwd B4 saloon, so I thought I should find that out and took a screwdriver.
              Aaaaaaaaaand....
              Yep

Comment

yeah any b4 should have the bolt holes.

You thinking of doing a quattro conversion?

Comment

Yes, but later. I have few more important things to do before.

Comment

Nice update

Comment

You are doing a great work there! I also love looking for some rather rare parts for my Audi!
                      P.S. Don't forget about Audi-Style!
                      1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

So I was hoping parts will be painted till weekend, but yesterday I got phonecall from painter that they're ready. I was like
                        Today I finished to put them back on. Well, almost finished - drivers door lower hinge is waiting to go on car. Also got left sideskirt back from repair. I'm speechless about how car looks now.

Comment

It looks gorgeous! A set of Colour Edition tails would make the back perfect!
                          1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

About a week ago I was browsing local ad site and found B4 with oem black taillight inner parts for sale. Gave a call to owner offered a trade to standard red ones and he agreed. 140km forth and back an I got these:

Mint condition original Seima lights. Not a single crack or scratch on them.

Next day I manage to get these - full set of Seima/Treser (Treser lights are actually made by Seima) taillights.

polished them

Button for opening and closing central lock from inside without arming alarm

Dual tone horns

Car had squeaky right rear window since the day I installed rear electric windows. It turned out to be this little having a rust on it

So I cleaned it and the noise is gone

About C5 instrument cluster - I traded for 1st generation B5 cluster because getting C5 3rd gen cluster to fully working order is not worth that time and effort.

Illumination and oil temp is not connected and fuel gauge shows more than in reality. Everything else is working fine.
                            But I will not keep it because nothing beats S2 or RS2 cluster in these cars. I must get ABY S2 VDO too

Comment

Hi, i have done quattro on saloon.

Comment

Really like the b5 cluster myself, if it were fully functional one could free up two gauges in the central column for boost/vac and whatever else (afr perhaps?).
                                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                                2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                                2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                                1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                                1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                                X