No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my CQ20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, new one went in, old one looked good on the outside, but it is the original one, so doubt it would last much longer....

And Mark, it's not a hard job, honest I did the heater matrix on my Range Rover Classic, and that was a 2-dayer.... and many many more skinned knuckles, this was a walk in the park compared to that one!

Comment

• Sounds like you need a new oil pressure sender/switch
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Replacement oil pressure sender fitted a while ago, admittedly second hand, as old one stopped working the gauge.

Replacement, aftermarket, switch fitted couple of months ago as old one was leaving an oil slick behind me, that was messy

If I pull the connection off the switch/sender one at a time and rev the engine I guess I will be able to diagnose which is at fault, will I?

Comment

• I am 99% sure it will be the cotton reel sender, should be able to test it by removing the connector (it pulls to earth).
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• That's annoying

I replaced it with a second hand one as above, OE one, because of bad reports and expense of new aftermarket versions.... will give that a go, thanks Alex

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ght=VDO+sender
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Perfect, thank you, I had searched before but that thread had eluded me

Comment

• I pulled all the wires off one at a time, then all off at the same time and still getting a warning over 3K

Sender may be OK, guess the fault may be in the warning relay or whatever behind drivers parcel shelf?

Comment

• I had a similar issue when I first got my coupe, I swapped everything obvious. In the end it turned out that the autocheck gone bad. Food for thought.
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yeah I thought I had cured it at one point, with contact cleaner on the back of the autocheck unit (removed from cluster), but has returned.... trying to find the schematic to check it out, as the relay beeping comes from under the dash I think, so possible it is getting a 'false positive' from here....

Comment

• Well... no major dramas to speak of since last update, getting 26+ MPG at the moment, which I can live with for sure. A combination of new MAF and a lighter right foot seems to have got me over the magic 20MPG mark... that was expensive

Today, fitted an rclick remote locking kit ( http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info...oducts_id=1152 ) today, took about an hour and a half as I spent much of that hunting down the wires in the drivers footwell! Once found though, fitted and worked straight off the bat, and I even managed to wire it into the original LED marker on the steering column cowling, so it flashes when armed I had to remove the inline resistor to get it to work here and solder directly to the LED legs, a little fiddly but worth it

I did think about wiring in the immobiliser part of it (just another relay) but being a cheaper kit, and the fact it would be easily bypassed anyways (even the Audi original only interrupted the starter relay trigger!) I decided to ignore it.

Fingers crossed everything else is working as it should, and still being used as my daily driver

Comment

• To be fair that's exactly how Thatcham approved retro fit immobilisers work, really easy to get around if you are smart.
                          The best deterrent is the rats nest of wiring a thief would be confronted with under the drivers side of the dash
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Very true

One thing I forgot, the new modules from rclick are smaller and I managed to fit it quite easily behind the right hand foot rest plastic panel, there's even a couple of holes there ready for a self-tapper to hold it in place. I wanted it easily accessible (read: not above the parcel shelf) as to program the remotes after a battery-off episode you have to push a button on the module, this way it is just 2 screws and I can access, rather than 4 parcel shelf screws and the aforementioned rats nest!

Just need to get the blade keys cut to match the single key I have for it, hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

• Look what arrived in the post this morning:

Couple of tiny marks in the rim, but otherwise PERFECT. It's a spare wheel from Germany, hence the good nick, and original condition. About £60 delivered, which I think is pretty good

Also arrived, brand new in Audi bags:

I am getting there slowly, one day I will have it looking stock and beautiful again
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Couldn't resist:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X