Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nace20 View Post
    yes it is original option
    Agree. Emerald Pearl Effect. Z6U (Sales code M6)

Not in 92 but 93 and 94. My 93 UrS4 is emerald

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• ECU plugged in with the Injectors...

Turn the key...nothing. No fuel at all. I am thinking my new walbro type fuel pump is knackered. The garage are testing the pump as I type.

I told them to start looking at the bits I have changed myself , I am expecting a call that I have plumbed or wired it in wrong.

Comment

• J17 Fuel Pump Relay Information and why it is so important

Originally posted by Dift View Post
        ECU plugged in with the Injectors...Turn the key...nothing. No fuel at all. I am thinking my new walbro type fuel pump is knackered. The garage are testing the pump as I type.
        In my J17 fuel pump relay post, I identify that just turning the ignition key to "RUN" does NOT turn on the fuel pump. ECU needs good cranking signals from the G28 before that will happen:

J17 Fuel Pump Relay Information and why it is so important
        http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22583.phtml

Comment

• It will take quite a while for the pump to prime and travel the length of the car in that case...
          I'm sure it is something simple (famous last words), the car was perfect before.

Comment

• It's easy to test the fuel pump, just pull the cover off the 208 relay and manually trigger the coil inside
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Dift View Post
              It will take quite a while for the pump to prime and travel the length of the car in that case... I'm sure it is something simple (famous last words), the car was perfect before.
              If that is the situation, either the diaphragm in the fuel pressuer regulator has a hole in it and fuel is draining back to the engine with the engine off *OR* the fuel pump's check valve had failed. Normally, the fuel system would remain filled and under at least some pressure between engine shut down and engine start up.

This is where/when a leak down pressure test on the fuel system would be handy.

Comment

• The unofficial guide to building a Fuel Pump Testing Kit

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                It's easy to test the fuel pump, just pull the cover off the 208 relay and manually trigger the coil inside
                That would be the easy way.

The hard way would be more like the factory method:

The unofficial guide to building a Fuel Pump Testing Kit:
                http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/260108.phtml

Comment

• I think the fuel pump took a battering from the previous garage when they tried to find a sleeve for it. In all honesty I think the new fuel pump is dead... I will get the new garage to pull the top off 208 today and manually trigger the pump. We should find out pretty quickly then.

Thanks for the help, this is the last day for it to be done

Comment

• Is the 208 relay in the same location in both LHD and RHD cars?

Comment

• C4 UrS Fuel Pump Relay and Central Relay Panel Info

Originally posted by Dift View Post
                      Is the 208 relay in the same location in both LHD and RHD cars?
                      The FP relay is the one on the far right of the central relay panel located *UNDER* the steering column. The replacement FP relays are "372"s.

C4 UrS FPR info: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22583.phtml

C4 UrS Central Relay Panel info: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/152615.phtml

Comment

• Thanks Dave,

According to the receptionist the car was running this afternoon after the boys were in the fuel tank... I assume I plumbed it back wrong?

I've not had this confirmed yet, so hopefully all good news. Rear calipers are all done.

Needs rolling roaded and the exhaust leak fixed then ... hopefully.

Comment

• My suspicions were correct

I hadn't crimped the new cables to the fuel pump correctly and one had come loose. All up and running sounding sweet.

They are not too keen to rolling road it till i replace the boost pipes and fix the small exhaust leak at the downpipe to exhaust flange (too rusty to weld or tighten).

For the road trip I will simply try some exhaust paste. It only needs to last 3 weeks, just to reduce the smell on boost. I'm already investigating car air fresheners

New exhaust can be the next project.

Anyone any recommendations for a pikey exhaust fix at the flange?

Comment

• =

Comment

• Hi Dift,

How did your 1,500 mile drive go, with your new RS2 spec, and other works ? Just interested.

Comment

• Going very well. All boost hoses happy. Only issue was the garage didn't install the fuel pump correctly as it didn't register fuel on the gauge. So re-seated the pump and all is good.

3rd gear rolling coming out of roadworks is my favourite. PRJ's map is lovely, nice and progressive. Whilst it doesn't feel as fast as my old superchips map, the speedo tells another story, it pulls and pulls.

I still need to fix the exhaust leak, and I've developed a loud thunk from the drivers rear tyre area when going over bumps which is frustrating.

With roof bars it is completely anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                                X