My new URS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost gauge in.
    -25psi peak vacuum, 20psi peak (in second gear), and it holds it really well.

Third gear rises to 20psi, but then the gauge goes bonkers with the needle buzzing.

Need to check tomorrow properly on suitable roads, but very happy so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dift View Post
      Boost gauge in.
      -25psi peak vacuum, 20psi peak (in second gear), and it holds it really well.

Third gear rises to 20psi, but then the gauge goes bonkers with the needle buzzing.

Need to check tomorrow properly on suitable roads, but very happy so far.

Is it remapped?
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Yes, for all it's sins, it's got a superchip on it...

I have a new actuator cap on the way, then I just need to decide which turbo to fit... My RS2 turbo or Alberts K26.

Comment

RS2 is the easiest as it all bolts on, and chipsets readily available, billet k26 will need a live map, bigger injectors etc
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

So I have nearly all the parts for the RS2 conversion, however the car is currently smelling of petrol. It doesn't come through the vents, but circulates round the outside of the car, and in through the windows.

It's strong enough to give you a headache after 5 minutes of driving

Any known weak points?? I've looked under the bonnet in locations Dave has previously suggest, but can't see anything.

Comment

If fuel lines haven't been replaces that's where I would look, next up is fuel tank as they tent tof rust and developed leaks. Have fun.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Fuel lines are on my to do list... Perhaps I should start there. It will push back the turbo install annoyingly.

Audi tradition still have fuel tanks so that's not a big issue... Other than they want £1300 for one .

Comment

Do fuel lines, and you don't have to buy a new fuel tank, it will.most likely be a tiny leak, any welder should be able to fix it, then just seal it and forget about it. I am putting my money on fuel lines.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Also, if you haven't replaced lower cam belt pulley I'd do that before turbo too.
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Lower cambelt pulley and all other associated parts inspected and or replaced when I first got the car. All routine (ish) maintenance boxes have been ticked.

I assume you take the petrol out of the tank before welding

Comment

You do yes, take it off completely. Leak most likely isn't on the pressurised line, so look at 2nd and 3rd (looking from drivers side) and it should be easy to spot. As you can see full length of the pipe.
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the help... Will need to research appropriate options to fix it.

Need to get the car running again... All I seem to be doing is pumping money in... And not driving it

No doubt the RS2 conversion will highlight other areas of improvement/repair too

Comment

Originally posted by Dift View Post
                            Need to get the car running again... All I seem to be doing is pumping money in... And not driving it

It will never stop.
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                              It will never stop.
                              Don't get me started on the brake bomb

As long as I can continue to drive it, I'm happy to do what is needed... However driving the car currently results in a chronic headache lasting days

Not even 20PSi in second gear can get away from the pain.

Comment

I now have all the bits for the conversion... Plus a few more goodies I stumbled upon on my travels (thanks to Pete at Quattro Corner).

PRJ found me suitable injectors, I just need to start attaching them to the car.

First call will be the updated fuel pump next week. Gutted I work away from home during the week.

I am also planning to do a before and after rolling road to map the conversion and to see the gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X