My new URS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macspring View Post

Macspring I'm getting my seat ready as well.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Dift View Post
      I tried a few ways to get into the bonnet last night but gave up when I smashed myself in the nose with a pair of pliers (there was a little blood) .
      They'll make a mess of it.

Did you read this, from my previous post?

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Hood release: How it works and how to fix it: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/41331.phtml
      The answer should be in there.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I don't know who Rusty and Dest are but I presume they are a couple of chav idiots who went to the Jeremy Clarkson school of automobile tuning.
        Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
        AFAIK Rusty and Dest are well respected members of this nice and polite forum.
        Oh THAT "Rusty" (Andrew) and "Dest".

I presume then that was from when they were much younger and they thought "Swiss-Cheesing" the air box was "kewl" (when in fact it turns out it was a dumb idea).

Comment

Oh THAT "Rusty" (Andrew) and "Dest".

I presume then that was from when they were much younger and they thought "Swiss-Cheesing" the air box was "kewl" (when in fact it was a dumb idea).
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

They'll make a mess of it.

Did you read this, from my previous post?

The answer should be in there.

Hi yes, I did read that, it was very useful, but after smashing my nose in with the pliers I gave up

Might have another go tomorrow morning by going underneath... if not, I'll drop it off at the garage with the information from your post.

Spent this afternoon driving it, and trying to convince the wife it was a good purchase !

Going to order some tyres tonight for the original wheels.

Edit:yes I still need to clean it and put pictures up

Comment

Still waiting to get the bonnet open, but I have picked up my standard wheels.

I will replace the tyres, and then run those rather than the current S3 rims.

Normal business end, sporting an S6 steering wheel:

Only bit of rust on the car, hopefully not too bad;

Sporting the nose up stance

Hopefully getting dyno'd this week... My bum dyno says 254bhp.

Comment

I am quite sure that that is not an S6 steering wheel despite what the badge might say (you could buy replacement badges). That is more an early, pre-air bag UrS4 steering wheel. I was sure (but could be wrong) that when Audi dropped ProconTen, all the steering wheels were air bag wheels, hence the UrS6 got the three spoke sport AIRBAG wheel.

Yours (early S2s and S4s):

Item 2

Comment

Your explanation certainly makes logical sense, thank you.

I quite like the non airbag steering wheel.

I've learned something new today

Comment

Your explanation certainly makes logical sense, thank you.

I quite like the non airbag steering wheel.

I've learned something new today
                    Dave is our sensei. He knows everything about these cars

I have the same wheel on mine, prefer it over airbag one definitely, and it the right size too, not too thick not too thin.

EDIT: Where are you located?
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I'm in Liverpool. The car seems slower since the cambelt change... probably I'm just getting used to it. Its been a while since I had a remotely quick car

The receptionist at the tuning place thought I had the wrong address when I pulled up... whats an L-Reg

Hope it puts up a good show for the rolling road on Thursday.

Comment

Consolidated Cam and Crank Pulley and Flywheel Timing Mark photos and diagrams

I'm in Liverpool. The car seems slower since the cambelt change... probably I'm just getting used to it. Its been a while since I had a remotely quick car
                        Before you do the rolling road, check the cam belt timing yourself. They might have F'd it up by a tooth = not runnng up to par.

Consolidated Cam and Crank Pulley and Flywheel Timing Mark photos and diagrams:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/136943.phtml

Comment

Thanks Dave,

I assume I can reach/visualise all those from the bonnet without removing anything?

Do you manually turn the car over by hand till everything is lined up?

(I am a novice when it comes to engines).

Comment

Bonnet up, I can see the engine

Removed the tyres from the original wheels today, to be greeted with corrosion all round the bead.

Dropped them off for a quick refurb. Unfortunately it will take a week, 3 weeks of traveling mean little work over the coming period.

Plan when I return is to finally mount the tyres and put the wheels on the car, then healthcheck with a dyno run.

On the hunt for an RS2 setup, currently averaging 20.1 MPG
                            Last edited by Dift; 29 January 2015, 17:56.

Comment

If I were to buy a bigger turbo, and I had found someone who could map the standard motronic ecu... Would I have to find a standard ecu chip?
                              My ecu is socketed with an MTM chip, or can the tuner work from that?

Or do I just not buy a bigger turbo and deal with the rust, and make sure it's all working properly?

Comment

If I were to buy a bigger turbo, and I had found someone who could map the standard motronic ecu... Would I have to find a standard ecu chip?
                                My ecu is socketed with an MTM chip, or can the tuner work from that?

Or do I just not buy a bigger turbo and deal with the rust, and make sure it's all working properly?
                                I'd sort it out properly as it is (that's what I'm doing anyways) and then get to the fun stuff
                                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X