No announcement yet.

My new URS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked the car up today... Was all excited to get it home and put a few holes in the airbox, but the bonnet release isn't working

Any ideas?

Going to give it a quick clean later and I'll pop a few pictures up...

Love the sound... I just want more volume!

Comment

The plastic clips which secure the bonnet release cable to the front of the car will have snapped. Try this thread

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49458

Comment

Good post Tom.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Dift View Post
          Picked the car up today... Was all excited to get it home and put a few holes in the airbox.
          WHOA.

Step away from the airbox. I don't know what you think holes in the airbox would do for you but they will do nothing good for the engine. These turbo engines want cold air and the original equipment (OE) airbox and snorkel intake (items 10 and 12) at the front of the car do just that. Putting holes in the airbox will bring in warm/hot air from the engine bay (the turbo is mear inches away from the air box), decreasing engine power.

D-U-M-B move if you carry on and do it.

Please don't.

Air intake and filter info: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22532.phtml

Lock carrier 101: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/61928.phtml

Hood release: How it works and how to fix it: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/41331.phtml

Last edited by UrS4boy; 24 January 2015, 16:49.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            WHOA.

Step away from the airbox. I don't know what you think holes in the airbox would do for you but they will do nothing good for the engine. These turbo engines want cold air and the original equipment (OE) airbox and snorkel intake at the front of the car do just that. Putting holes in the airbox will bring in warm/hot air from the engine bay (the turbo is mear inches away from the air box), decreasing engine power.

D-U-M-B move if you carry on and do it.

Please don't.

Good advice put the drill down and step away from the airbox

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
              Good advice put the drill down and step away from the airbox
              I updated my first answer with additional info.

Comment

Sorry guys, I was getting carried away reading the shenanigans of Rusty and Dest etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dift View Post
                  Sorry guys, I was getting carried away reading the shenanigans of Rusty and Dest etc
                  I don't know who Rusty and Dest are but I presume they are a couple of chav idiots who went to the Jeremy Clarkson school of automobile tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    I don't know who Rusty and Dest are but I presume they are a couple of chav idiots who went to the Jeremy Clarkson school of automobile tuning.
                    AFAIK Rusty and Dest are well respected members of this nice and polite forum.

Comment

Went to swap the wheels over today, only to find there are spacers on the S4. Completely forgot the offsets might be different waste of 1 hour.

I've got standard wheels so I will get new tyres on those, and sell the S3 wheels on eBay (with good tyres).

I think standard wheels with 20mm hubcentric spacers would look quite good. The car isn't lowered so I should be ok without rubbing?

Plan is just for a tidy (mild) sleeper, so I think standard wheels would be perfect.
                      Plus the money I make selling the S3 wheels should pay for an exhaust... Save me drilling the airbox

Comment

I have 20mm hubcentric at the front (and tried on the back) with ET45 boleros

Might get 25mm at the front though, depends what I decide on lowering
                        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                          AFAIK Rusty and Dest are well respected members of this nice and polite forum.

Comment

Did you get the bonnet up yet?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hunker... Do you still run 20mm spacers on the rear?
                              I suspect the Boleros stick out further than the standard wheels also.
                              I'll sort wheels this week, could not believe the weight of those S3 wheels.

I tried a few ways to get into the bonnet last night but gave up when I smashed myself in the nose with a pair of pliers (there was a little blood) . The garage had the scuttle off on Friday while doing the cambelt, so I suspect they have missed/not connected something back up.
                              They are taking it back in tomorrow.

Comment

I only bought a pair of 20mm for the front because the wheels wouldn't fit over the HP2's. So I only measured up 20m at the rear, but haven't got round to buy a another pair, as I can't decide if I'm lowering her or not.
                                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X