Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, thanks for prompt reply.

Comment

• So the rear knocking noise is due to 443-505-153 B.

Popped to a lovely Audi dealership who can supply the part in 7-10 days.... £178 +VAT

After to roadtrip I will be stocking up on rear suspension parts for a make over. Starting to get a little concerned about the price of parts, it's ridiculous!

Comment

• I got a complete Febi unit for MOT for £34 delivered off eBay.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I can only find Germany sellers with the part on eBay.

I've amazingly managed to find an OEM link for a reasonable price which will be here when I finish the holiday.

Heading into the highlands tomorrow, I can't wait for 26psi of fun up through the mountains.

Almost makes the stress and financial misery worth it

Comment

• Look for Doctor_Car on ebay, I got mine there Wish I could go for a drive
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• 443505352P or 443505351P (depending on side) PN for whole unit
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Wait till I upload some pictures

Comment

• Final blat to the campsite.

Sounds like a rally car, goes like a rally car, handles like a boat

Not suited at all to single track roads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dift View Post

Sounds like a rally car, goes like a rally car, handles like a boat

Not suited at all to single track roads.

Maybe, but still looks like great fun. Beats working. Enjoy every minute.

Comment

• After 1500 miles of trouble free motoring bliss (ish), I'm left with a conundrum.
                      I'm more accustomed to driving polished competent drivers cars, usually track or fast road orientated. Granted I have never took a roadtrip with the wife kids and dog before... Especially in a car that could swallow the whole lot with ease, but is this car for me?
                      It was a fast wafty boat on the small Scottish A and B roads, how much of this can I really dial out, do I want to?
                      The wife felt ill on anything other than a smooth flat road... The single track roads were a giggle, but had to be enjoyed alone.
                      Is more power the answer?
                      Do I keep it standard looking?
                      Do I get a louder exhaust?
                      Can I dial out the boat feeling with updated and uprated shocks and springs?

Is it worth it?

Will I like the end result, or just ruin a perfectly good fast Audi Barge? Is there an alternative fast estate barge with a fast road setup? Have I fell out of love with the car?

Confused!

Sorry the pictures are rubbish, I'm no photographer!

Comment

• Three options:

1. New wife with motion sickness immunity
                        2. Gravol or UK equivalent - http://gravol.ca/?gclid=CL2z3ZPFn8cCFUuTfgod32sDBw
                        3. Bilstein HD shocks, i.e. B6 (not B4, not B8) - less floaty and normal ride height. (B8s are for lowering springs)

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Thanks Dave,

Perhaps some Bilstein shocks and new springs are the way forward. I don't think I want to lower it, just stiffen it all up.

Edit to add, car behaved impeccably. Loch Lomond was closed on the way home, and got stuck in a three hour traffic jam; no problem. Holding boost fully loaded up the mountain passes at Loch Long; no problem.

Average MPG 27
                          Last edited by Dift; 11 August 2015, 07:04.

Comment

• Just do the bilstein dampers and leave the stock springs.

Comment

• Or get an S2 coupe for fun and something boring as the family barge?

Comment

• I bought the car mainly for my regular family trips to the highlands. This is usually done all manner of diesel Audis = no fun. The S4 was a huge improvement over that.

I need a new exhaust, so I can get a fruitier one, and I may as well replace the shocks to see what difference that makes. I have gone over the cars engine and spent a fair bit of money, it would be a shame to sell a sorted car.

Shocks and a none standard exhaust are next on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X