Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
    No problems with Motronic.

The 4 port mode is useful if your running a advanced boost controller like the eboost2 module or similar because each port can be used to control pressure in each part of the WG. but the 3 port valve with the T pice does basically the same.

Its all down to preference though at the end of the day. But the 4 port valve is not plug and play, the 3 port is.
    Yes these are better then original, they have a very long life expectancy and are highly unlikely to fail according to the manufacture.

Cheers.
    Bo
    No Bo that's not correct, the 4 port is still controlled in the same way as the 3 port, you can use it on motronics but has to be installed at point of remap.

For 4 vs 3 difference see

Comment

the uprated solenoid wont give any quicker response than the n75. unless the n75 aint working well. even mapped it should be the same. all it does is open and close.

cant really see the point with motronic unless the n75 id fubar.

feeding top and bottom helps equalise pressure over the valve so in theory lag reduction due to gate not opening under gas pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
        the uprated solenoid wont give any quicker response than the n75. unless the n75 aint working well. even mapped it should be the same. all it does is open and close.

cant really see the point with motronic unless the n75 id fubar.

feeding top and bottom helps equalise pressure over the valve so in theory lag reduction due to gate not opening under gas pressure.
        They opens and closes constantly at a set frequency, changing the frequency or duty cycle if you like gives the different boost values

The new valves give different boost values at the same frequency which will lead to boost spikes.

Comment

Cool thanks Jamo, that diagram helps to make it clearer.
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            The new valves give different boost values at the same frequency which will lead to boost spikes.
            How exactly...if the solenoid coil is the same or near as the original, performance should be equal.

Function will then depend on how the valve is connected.

Dont want to start a 'war' please.
            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

From what testings i have done i have found them to be practically the same, at least i was not able to tell the difference. However i have not yet tested one in a high power car to see how boost response then but hopefully some one will buy one and they can give feedback on how it performed.
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Have yo got the specs for the new and oem valves, did you measure the coil resistance on both.

Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

if the valve is the same the value will be the same. what jamo is saying is correct the slight difference in frequrncy causes a different reaction.

still any said valve should hold for the same when set correctly.

a working n75 is as good no motronic as any valve on motronic. the key is working order.

having said that id say at least 75% of n75 on S2's that are original wont be performing to their best. mine wasn't thats why i fitted the eboost.

Comment

Nope, have not got the equipment for that. But i know these valves are used by turbosmart on there boost controllers.

So far on motronic they are fine..

If someone wants to check the coil resistance vs OEM then i would be more then happy to send one off for testing..
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Nuff said.

Carlos.

Comment

good stuff.

which controller is the 4 port used with?

turbosmart stuff is very good.

if you have a broken or weak n75 and you dont want a boost controller id speak to Bo for one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                          How exactly...if the solenoid coil is the same or near as the original, performance should be equal.

Function will then depend on how the valve is connected.

Dont want to start a 'war' please.
                          I have and you have to change the duty cycle between them because the valves react differently.

This is also why different N75 such as the alleged "RACE" version are sold as they react differently.

Comment

and then masters...wich N75 to buy for example for a S2 with RS2 hardware and 380hp?? surelly that anyone new it is perfect

Bo...these
                            "n75"´..looks very good...

the 3 port valve will plug easy with the original n75 wire?? or needs some modifications??
                            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Hi Rocco,
                              I would stick to the 3 port valve for that set up, thats what im using with my car too, you can connect it as normal or with the T piece. Diagrams above.
                              It comes with a 2 pin junior plug so it will connect to the loom the same as the oem valve, no modifications needed.
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Ok friend,and thenif you think that it is better than a new originals N75....

send me one of it,i will install it in my car for keep far future n75" problems

how i can pay you??
                                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
                                X