X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Looking good.
    I had bonnet cable problems as well. I have a spare cable as I ended up buying two. Let me know if you can't find one. I couldn't find a new one but they are identical across the Audi 80 range so if there is a breaker near you that's a good place to start. The LHD pull is different but the cable is the same.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Today it was time for the first test run! First time the car drove by it self in 6-7years! All went fine until i wanted to pop the hood to look so everything was good. Then my hood opener wire snapped so i decided to drive home. If something happen (fire etc) it would be catastrofic not to could open the hood to get the fire extinguiser inside to put it out. So until next testdrive i will have to fix a new hood opener wire... Some body knows were i can buy i new one? Maybe Audi still sells them? It snapped in the coupe. Otherwise most tings felt good, engine sounded healty and got to taste some boost and maybe 5500rpm. I wanted to make sure that i had no leaks etc before i give it full throttle and beginning to push it moore. But unfortunately the wire snapped and then i called it. Really special to drive, way moore laggy then my URS4 (when it was stock) but sure a special feeling. Will fix th hood opener wire as quick as i can so i can drive some moore before MOT.
    Anyway here is some pictures of it out in the Swedish summer sun!
    45764-0a31170c354e2e97a4a1c9a3054733c6.jpg45764-2fb787ec6407ffd2795c369caa99d7b3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Don't know how i missed this thread, maybe it's because you have the UrS4 thread and i have a look at that one and think i've covered what your doing. 3 x S cars i read including C5 is a little bit much for the wallet don't you think?!

Anyway,..........really enjoyed your thread and the excellent level of detail, love and attention you put into it. Superb work!
    Hehe, yeah 3 S/RS cars was to much for my wallet and time. Sold the S6 C5 a few weeks ago, will get a newer A6 quattro diesel of som kind. But that will have to wait a few months. Thr Urs4 and RS2 i still left. Thanks fot the kind words. Trying y best!

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    Don't know how i missed this thread, maybe it's because you have the UrS4 thread and i have a look at that one and think i've covered what your doing. 3 x S cars i read including C5 is a little bit much for the wallet don't you think?!

Anyway,..........really enjoyed your thread and the excellent level of detail, love and attention you put into it. Superb work!

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    That looks like a good buy then. I have a kind forum member sending me a good second hand one. If that doesn't do the trick I will have to raid the piggy bank again.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    The sender came from an Audi dealer, see pictures. But the package dosesnt look like Audi. The new and old sensor looks exactly the same. All numbers/pressures match up. Have it mounted on he car and it's working nice.
    20190729_184728.jpg20190802_172402.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Hey, great. Did it turn up in an Audi box? Says unbranded in the ad under make.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Ok, thanks.
    Here is the one i bought:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Au...EAAOSwnlFadAMN

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Ok, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Where did you get your oil pressure sender from? I can't seem to find a new genuine one. I'm talking about the bigger cotton reel size one.
    cheers
    Dave
    Found it on eBay, payed like 100€ with shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Where did you get your oil pressure sender from? I can't seem to find a new genuine one. I'm talking about the bigger cotton reel size one.
    cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    How do I delete a post? I managed to post 2 times.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Fixed an oil leak at the turbo oil feed that I found during start up. New Audi original oil pressure sender fitted, so now the oil pressure gauge is working properly. The idle is pretty rough but after I cleaned the ISV it was a little better but not good. Will look into that after I have driven the car and tested it on the road. Tonight I was finishing up the car for my testdrive tomorrow. But then my oil pressure indicator (the one for the oil pressure light) failed and the car was leaking oil like a waterfall... So I will have to change that before my test drive. Hopefully I will get a new sender tomorrow and will do a test drive anyway

Otherwise the car is ready for the road!

45764-6a0649f15caed222e17fe073139724ff.jpg

Leave a comment:

• _ShurikeN
    replied
    So nice to see the result of work. Enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• ThatGUY
    replied
    I'm jealous great work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X