• Show
Clear All

• SteveH
    replied
    What a beauty

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    This weekend i gave the car a better polish. I polished the car when i bought it to get rid of old ****, but it was not that good i thought. Used 3M products for the polish. The car is not vaxed yet.
    Also today i brought the car in for MOT, it did not clear the inspection due to the rough idle i have, going mad at the idle. I have a thread here, for the fault finding: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...rs2-rough-idle

Anyway, here is some pictures of the lady with some "make up"

45764-61aab4ae23b84a249125264c528b6863.jpg413685-3940979.jpg
    413685-3940981.jpg
    413685-3940978.jpg
    413685-3940982.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    If it fails it will fail anyway. I think you should drive it like you will later on. But I know, it's "nervous to push it. The only thing thats maybe needs to bed in is the piston rings. All other stuff like bearings and turbo should just work with full throttle directly.
    Now I'm running a Mineral Kendall 20w50. After the first 500km I will change to Motul 15w50 synt. Same as I have in my Urs4. Hope you can drive soon! Think I have bad wheel bearings as well.. But that will be fixed later on.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    That's brave of you, driving it hard from day 1 after the re build

It's very tempting but I haven't got the balls to do the same in mine. I cant afford another re build

What oil are you using? I started off on cheap mineral for first 30 mins, then running in oil but changed back to mineral as my tappets didn't like it. I haven't done so many miles as I have a wheel bearing issue. Hopefully getting sorted on Thursday then I can slowly build the revs up

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Took the car out on a cruise today. All good except for the idle.. Yesterday I cleaned the MAF connector and MAF connectors. But no difference. Really annoying. Anyway, today I let the car see some moore boost and revs, no problems luckily I think I will drive so I empty the tank and then do an oil/oil filter change.
    Will keep you updated on the idle issue. Any help/tips is very welcome.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Thanks! Yeah, im pleased so far =) I have to find the problem with Idle, some body must have had this problem. I will have to search the forum. Regarding the Audi badge, i could see the "badge" in the paintwork, so i just put it in the same place (hopfully original place). When i look at pictures it seems that the Audi rings should be fittet little lower than the RS2 badge.

Leave a comment:

• andersg
    replied
    Well done my friend! Looks and sound like it should Seems to pull as it should as well. I have no idea why the idle is bad, though.

Did you use some kind of measuremenst before installing the rings on the rear hatch? I have mine on the shelf...

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Today i drove the car for 110km, went all good fortunately. The idle is a little better after i changed the Lambda, but not good. What do you guys think about it? I have carefully cleaned the ICV valve and checked the throttle valve/TPS.. I have good idle from cold start to aprox 40sec, after that idle is about 400-600rpm and very unstable, some times it cut out totally when stopping..

Well, here is some pictures and videos from todays tripp! Car is sure fun to drive, the look in the Porsche mirrors always puts a smile on my face ( i Want a Porsche some time in my life).

45764-0932ddf6b619d6a79fcad4427ef9cd25.jpg

Audi rings and RS2 badge is attached to the trunk!
    45764-ca5b8624fb12619b69068360e929d5fd.jpg45764-01c70a3fbf39c8880ded780600311b11.jpg I know, i don't rev it as i should in this drive, but next drive i will put it to 7000rpm and push it a little more, as said engine has only done about 110km. It has already seen several of full throttle runs. I belive in hard/normal drive for the piston rings to set properly, not to drive like your grandma
    Last edited by s0_big; 24 August 2019, 22:37.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Still waiting on my hood release cable.. But did some things in the garage today. Mounted the "1.8T coil conversion kit" that i bought. Also got hold of a new RS2 emblem to the trunk, will mount the Audi rings also. I think it looks a little naked without them.
    Hopfully tomorrow i will have a new idle valve as my idle now is not good.
    45764-bcacf945c175a6e9e32593a57b8632a0.jpg45764-2f3917b9aa9c5e5a165dad4e2add3bff.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Some times I also need to be lucky Yeah, I have had the same problem in my URS4, was not funny at all.. I hope I can find a new cable on Monday. Then I will take the car out for some more driving!

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    You were lucky then. My problem was at the other end so I had to read up on how to open it and its a bit fiddly. Whilst waiting for my replacement cable I rigged up two loops of string on the release springs and wrapped them around the headlamp washers. Looked hilarious

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Has it snapped at the pull end? If its the bonnet end, do you know how to open it?
    Jepp, snapped at the pull end. At he Z-shaped thing that connects to the puller handle. Yeah the bonnet is open now, could use a polygripe to pull the wire to open the bonnet.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Has it snapped at the pull end? If its the bonnet end, do you know how to open it?

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Looking good.
    I had bonnet cable problems as well. I have a spare cable as I ended up buying two. Let me know if you can't find one. I couldn't find a new one but they are identical across the Audi 80 range so if there is a breaker near you that's a good place to start. The LHD pull is different but the cable is the same.
    Thanks! Yeah, i Will search the Internet and scrap yards. If I get nothing i will contact you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X