X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by fish View Post
    I think Dave means the thinner middle ones have peel off double sided tape. You Andre mean the small ones at the bottom of the arches dont you?
    Ahh. Yeah I ment the lower trim end pieces front/rear. The ones in the middle of the door I think I will use double side tape.

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    I think Dave means the thinner middle ones have peel off double sided tape. You Andre mean the small ones at the bottom of the arches dont you?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post

He is a good boy
    Yeah, ok. Well, easiest way would be to just remove the ones on the car to have a look. But it is sure the same as on the S2.
    Probably right. Mine were from Audi Tradition. Genuine parts.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Nice cat
    On my S2 Avant, the small ones had a peal off strip with double sided tape underneath.
    He is a good boy
    Yeah, ok. Well, easiest way would be to just remove the ones on the car to have a look. But it is sure the same as on the S2.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Nice cat
    On my S2 Avant, the small ones had a peal off strip with double sided tape underneath.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    The car is missing the middle door trims and i have finally found them all (they were a pain to get hold of). They seem to have been mounted with some kind of glue. So now im wondering if thats how they should be mounted? I had a thought of double sided mounting tape. Any one know what they used for factory mounting for the middle door trim?
    The lower one's is on the car but they have seen better days. They will be changed for new ones. Looking at the front/rear lower door trims, how are they mounted to the car? The trims on the door slides on guides, but there is nothing like that on the front/rear small pieces. Maybe some one have pictures of that or can explain?

Mr cat does the quality check:

45764-6c590dfa3419d98be1dd09f81c782796.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jbrentd
    replied
    Looks great! I was going to search for pictures of those parts, since I recently found an S2 airbox for my project. Not sure they would do me any good though, since the one I bought has had the swiss cheese treatment.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    What a lovely engine bay you have. It's like new
    Thanks. There is some hours behind it. But it can for sure be better, but i have owned it for just about 17 month's. So hopefully there is many moore month's to spend on it getting better and better

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    What a lovely engine bay you have. It's like new

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Hello! Today i had in mind to put the air ducts to the airfilter on the car. The car didn't have any parts of the air duct to the filter housing for some reason, so that had to be fixed. Thought it would be a quick and nice Sunday work
    It took a little longer time then expected and lots moore parts needed to come of than i thought. After a few hours i got it assembled and im happy.
    Lots of brittle plastic parts vs old car is not my cup of tee... Anyway here is some pictures of the parts installed:
    45764-0ec481c06d408bd77aac4c41df1c89b5.jpg 45764-b64d0ea443b78915d3b935e36002b4a1.jpg 45764-aa074764a6ecfd33ea839e3dd218fa6e.jpg 45764-3a9b58d4fa308ab5b81defe275d80e3a.jpg
    Last edited by s0_big; 16 February 2020, 17:56.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
    Love the wheel refubrish job. Is it really original color and powdercoat? Did not know it was possible: at my place wheel refubrishers do powdercoating only with really filthy colors referring to coat limitations.
    Yeah they know how to do it. What i found online it is 61M colour code for the Porsche wheels, and it looks the same to the center cap. The paint changes as you look at it from different sides, but i think it looks very close to original according to center cap ( I have no other reference).The company that refurbed the wheels is one of Swedens leading company that refurbish wheels. They also make sure that they are straight/round if you want (i did as i told them i wanted the rims like new). They claim that they can mix almost any paint in (powdercoat) same as regular wet paint. I was unsure, thats why i only left one rim for testing. I belive them moore now. Today i left the 4 other rims for refurbish.
    Link to the company: http://www.falgfixarna.se/

Here is the rim before:
    45764-00c7ffd2df6aa897f196585b8f38f9f9.jpg
    Last edited by s0_big; 12 February 2020, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• _ShurikeN
    replied
    Love the wheel refubrish job. Is it really original color and powdercoat? Did not know it was possible: at my place wheel refubrishers do powdercoating only with really filthy colors referring to coat limitations.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveH View Post
    What a beauty. Seems a shame to drive it and get it dirty!
    Thanks! Sure, but luckily there is lots of water here in Sweden to wash it when it gets dirty The underside of the car is still to be done except for the brakes. But i will save that for next winter.

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    What a beauty. Seems a shame to drive it and get it dirty!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X