• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Nice work. She is looking really good
    It's probably the foam on the flaps breaking down.
    Not a pleasant job. Dash out I'm afraid
    Yeah, noticed that some people had problems getting heat from the heat exchanger. So why not the same with the cold? That sounds like a boring winter project..

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Nice work. She is looking really good
    It's probably the foam on the flaps breaking down.
    Not a pleasant job. Dash out I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    AC filling/repair was succesfull. The car held vacuum for 4 days, so the system is tight, atleast with vacuum. Drove to my old collegue that used to work with refigeration systems and vacuumed some more and then filled the system. According to the plate, the system should hold 750gr +-50gram of refrigerant R134a, we could only fill about 500gr even though we heated the refrigerant bottle and had vacuum in the system.. But atleast it is working. Strange thing is that the regulation from the climatronic panel is a little funky. When i use the windshield button i get more cold out of the vents than if i run it on auto. Maybe something to do with the flaps inside the ventilation? Will look in to it deeper later on, but now i have a cold inside and i'm happy with that. Sun is shining in Sweden and the car takes a sun bath. Tomorrow we will take a longer tripp some were and have lunch and iscream !

45764-b79cb7fcbe910067509cb5afdd89ef06.jpg 45764-bfb677cd1d9bdc127a89d0709f6e2d95.jpg 45764-06b92496c3675b7af16b0e8e7a92e229.jpg

Leave a comment:

• k.alle
    replied
    Yes, the S2 also has it.
    I renewed it on mine after some mice came to make nest in it.
    Got it from AT as well. It was a funny package to collect at the local tobacco store.

Don't have the part number on hand.

Leave a comment:

• Filip_FIN
    replied
    Looking good mate ! Did the the s2 coupe also have hood insulation looks like a sweet detail to have if anyone have PN please write to me

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Im starting my s2 3b project soon. good to get some inspiration. Interior in my car is a mess.. Looking forward to try fixing it haha.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
    Wow stunning car The insulation was a nice touch
    Thank you, there is some hours behind and more to come

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Wow stunning car The insulation was a nice touch

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    As my AC refill didn't go well and there was a leak at a pipe between the drier filter and the coupe i had to change the pipe. Luckily Audi tradition had this pipe. Today i changed both the pipe and drier filter. Front bumper and inner fender had to come off then it was pretty much room to change the parts. O-rings looked good so i didn't trouble with finding new ones.
    Then i connected my borrowed vacuum pump and let it run for about 20min. Closed the vacuum pump and watched the vacuum gauge for an hour, no leaks. So tomorrow i will refill the system and hopefully the AC system will work without any more problems!?
    I was so busy with working i forgott to take pictures after the change, but here is some before i changed the stuff.
    Will tell you tomorrow if i have working AC or not..

Pipe that had a hole, underside of the pipe, looked like a stone chipp:
    45764-619e59f425a0c44043365109021848aa.jpg

New filter drier and new piping:
    45764-4a56874717189bf6cd8953c442df7d63.jpg 45764-fa09577fca147d07829a788c7903afa5.jpg

45764-1c8380ccfe50a12c55d30526786de9a5.jpg
    Last edited by s0_big; 9 June 2020, 19:22.

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post
    Yes, thats right guessed!

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Not bad at all, i'm guessing tradition?
    Yes, thats right guessed!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Details is important Suprisingly cheap, it was about 70€.
    Not bad at all, i'm guessing tradition?

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Looks stunning and love the attention to detail. How much was the hood insulation?
    Details is important Suprisingly cheap, it was about 90€.
    Last edited by s0_big; 7 June 2020, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Looks stunning and love the attention to detail. How much was the hood insulation?

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Very nice. This has got to be one of the best RS2's out there.
    Nah, im not sure about that. Have a little list of things that needs to be fixed. Hopefully it will remain in my garage for many years. So really no rush to get them fixed, besides parts are getting rarer to find.. Anyway, thanks for the kind words

Leave a comment:

Working...
X