Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Filip_FIN
    replied
    Tjena ! you done such a good job with the car, WOW

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Summer 2022 is coming to an end here in Sweden. Been a busy summer with moving/kids. But i have manged to get to some car meetings this summer. The car has behaved good. So thats always something positive Will see what i will do to the car during winter. I would like to change the engine mounts to original instead of my after market once since there is some disturbing vibrations from the engine. This was a misstake to mount them instead of original in the first place. If i have the strenght, i would also like to et the dash out to replace the foam in the air vents/air guides as they have started to fly out the vents. I would like to get the seats fixed with blue alcantara in the middle, but the fabric is not available at Audi tradition yet. Emailed them in January and they told me that it would be available in June, but no. Well i will have to wait until i have the fabric. Here is some pictures from the summer.

45764-2e2aee6b6914dbd7d3d3d3b6bde5aa60.jpg
    45764-7b08a9f52a3db581ad98ddd5ed05797a.jpg 45764-7ace4d4498d1d168c752dd35d706652e.jpg 45764-9703c8ff76982a4897bafd580920b0b6.jpg 45764-25b6aded2bfb7643c12771650e2d96ec.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Arnout
    replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Sounds like a nice tripp. I would like to visit Norway some day, nice country. Yeah, i have experience of that little switch to, fortunately it broke in the garage. The car looks really nice. Enjoy your vaccation and i hope the RS2 treats you good
    I was not that fortunate, but fortunate enough. It broke down on the 800 km trip to our holiday destination. When I parked the car in the garage, it left two traces of oil behind. Quickly checked the level, almost nothing to be measured. The next day, the very friendly neighbor of our hosts fixed the RS2. He is a retired Audi mechanic who used to wrench on these 5 cylinder turbos. A 10 euro Hella replacement part (of course not on stock at the Audi dealer) and 2-3 liters of 10W-60 fixed it. He saved our holiday! Very nice comment from him:" I though the oil stains (on his driveway !)) must be from the Dutchman's car!"

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnout View Post

Thanks! It's going to be Denmark and the south of Norway this year. It's indeed not common to take these cars on a family holiday. However it's the best opportunity to drive them and their main strength as a do-it-all car. Aside from a severe oil leak in the white oil pressure switch that nearly caused in engine to be without oil, it has not let us down the past 12 years.
    Here it is last year during a stop on the German autobahn:

Audi RS2 on holiday.jpg
    Sounds like a nice tripp. I would like to visit Norway some day, nice country. Yeah, i have experience of that little switch to, fortunately it broke in the garage. The car looks really nice. Enjoy your vaccation and i hope the RS2 treats you good

Leave a comment:

• Arnout
    replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Thanks! Yeah, we were looking for a long time to find this place. Either it was to small/not possible to have a garage or to expensive. A garage was a must have for me, the girlfriend was going mad at me some times But luckily this came one day and was affordable. I need to do the front/rear subframes for ex. Powdercoat and new bushings is my plan. Yeah fuel filter is a pain, changed that on mine a few years back. Nice, where are you going to travel? Not so common with RS2's on vaccation these days!
    Thanks! It's going to be Denmark and the south of Norway this year. It's indeed not common to take these cars on a family holiday. However it's the best opportunity to drive them and their main strength as a do-it-all car. Aside from a severe oil leak in the white oil pressure switch that nearly caused in engine to be without oil, it has not let us down the past 12 years.
    Here it is last year during a stop on the German autobahn:

Audi RS2 on holiday.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Congratulations. And the best month to be born. Only three days off my birthday
    Lovely garage, lovely cars. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnout View Post
    Congratulations on the baby and the new home! Brings back memories from a few years ago when our youngest daughter was still in the reverse booster seat. RS2 carries it with ease, altough the seatbelt sockets in the rear are a real pain with booster seats.
    Your garage is really first class! Wish mine was so spaceous and well finished! Garages where cars fit in are rare these days in The Netherlands, so I should not complain about mine. Any plans/needs for the RS2 in the time to come?
    Mine just has received new injectors, fuel filter (what a pain!), front brakes and pads (Sebro disks /Textar pads from Autewo) and a refurbished airco flap motor, so it's fit for it's travel to Skandinavia in a few weeks with the family!
    Thanks! Yeah, we were looking for a long time to find this place. Either it was to small/not possible to have a garage or to expensive. A garage was a must have for me, the girlfriend was going mad at me some times But luckily this came one day and was affordable. I need to do the front/rear subframes for ex. Powdercoat and new bushings is my plan. Yeah fuel filter is a pain, changed that on mine a few years back. Nice, where are you going to travel? Not so common with RS2's on vaccation these days!

Leave a comment:

• Arnout
    replied
    Congratulations on the baby and the new home! Brings back memories from a few years ago when our youngest daughter was still in the reverse booster seat. RS2 carries it with ease, altough the seatbelt sockets in the rear are a real pain with booster seats.
    Your garage is really first class! Wish mine was so spaceous and well finished! Garages where cars fit in are rare these days in The Netherlands, so I should not complain about mine. Any plans/needs for the RS2 in the time to come?
    Mine just has received new injectors, fuel filter (what a pain!), front brakes and pads (Sebro disks /Textar pads from Autewo) and a refurbished airco flap motor, so it's fit for it's travel to Skandinavia in a few weeks with the family!

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Been busy weeks, baby arrived 12 of May. Everything went fine, but the first weeks we didnt get much sleep. 1 of June we moved from our apartment to our new home/house. First thing i did was to get the cars to their new home. The day after we moved there. The garage (most important thing) interior is taking place bit by bit. I ordered a set of workbench and cabinets wich i have been busy installing. I also had some older cabinets that i painted and put in there. You can never have to much storage. Both the UrS4 and RS2 has been out on the road a few times. The baby has also been to his first car meet (7 weeks old), good to learn them young!. Well, i will continue to get the garage as i want it before i start working on the RS again. Here are some pictures from the past weeks. I hope everyone have a nice summer!

New sleeping place for the cars:
    45764-f5d93f05fa1a190b4550bb915ff04148.jpg
    Cabinetts/Workbench:
    45764-3b0d668bb6c42cf93d9d0e69d8210867.jpg 45764-73c42f1e349f74af17ad81fc2220d9ca.jpg
    Baby (Oscar) first car meeting:
    45764-1b20b15e67eacc7b29178e23d8e35b1d.jpg 45764-a12e6c642cbaa6b0f056a9a79b38a256.jpg 45764-05b45711c3c3cef26ab0c2d61a375704.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post
    This is very inspirational !!! Thank you!

Please keep it up; threads like this are the only chance I have to complete (and start) my project.
    Thanks. I will continue, still have lots of things to do. Good luck with your project!

Leave a comment:

• ThatGUY
    replied
    This is very inspirational !!! Thank you!

Please keep it up; threads like this are the only chance I have to complete (and start) my project.

Leave a comment:

• struikie
    replied
    Very very cool.

JW

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Hi! I have been working on the car this weekend. Door cards came in place. Im pleased with how it turned out. Now it feels better to drive when i enjoy the interior much more than before, with sagging leather and those wooden trims. It's getting where i want it. Now its just the seats left to do, than im happy with the interior. As you can see the passenger door/doorcard fitment is off, i will investigate why this is. It was like that before the "make over". All the tabs sit correct on the door but its to high up and to far outwards. The door it self needs some adjustment inwards, but not down. Well i will look in to it later.
    When the work was done, i took it for a 100km ride. Feels good after all work in the garage during the winter.
    I'm pleased i got this far. Now i will have some busy weeks ahead of me, we are waiting our first baby this week. And in 4 weeks we are moving to our house. Now i can finally have time for both the Urs4 and RS2 when they live under the same roof. Hopefully the baby wont take all my spare time
    I will get back with updates. Enjoy your cars and summer!

45764-9a649ec18d29e09d978d436cfc6c8160.jpg 45764-87a45c617211d4ba270d0cbb908455e6.jpg 45764-1e34475a66757267cde31da04b14dc7f.jpg 45764-c89cf76bc2f0204af9a5b2021c9d8f9a.jpg 45764-bc68bedb76f5f7582e42d1015fc85bbf.jpg 45764-7fe6416053b3461d7d7992bb668a046f.jpg 45764-12cfd0abeb06902e20d73ce1ad5ce7df.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Mounted the speakers on the rears today. Hopefully i will mount the door cards this weekend. Depends on the weather as i have to do it outside Will get back with pictures later on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X