My Ocianic Blue Ur restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
    Steering wheel bosses you can swap easily. About the dash it is usually done with a bit force.
    There was another nut hidden under the centre air vents. Off now
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hi Dave if you have access to your clutch slave cylinder change it even if it works I have a new unit if your interested

Comment

Originally posted by joss01 View Post
        Hi Dave if you have access to your clutch slave cylinder change it even if it works I have a new unit if your interested
        Thanks Joss, good plan, put it aside for me. The engine will be coming out soon.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Easy car to work on and you get it right they look great and Simon from Classic Quattros is a good help careful Quattro corner is a bit pricey for parts
          Attached Files

Comment

Do the clutch master cylinder which sits on top of the pedal box. Slave is on top of the gearbox.
            Steve

1990 RR 20V
            1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Good plan. How easy is it to get the heater matrix out? Looks completely different to my S2

Joss, your old Ur looks great there.

I have made some small progress over the last few days. It's slow as most of the bolts and screws are seized or rusted up

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I did my heater matrix I don't think i removed the dash but it requires major surgery as for the slave cylinder if your car is a left hand drive I think exchanging the slave cylinder is easier as the pedal box is not in the way

Comment

I did my heater matrix I don't think i removed the dash but it requires major surgery as for the slave cylinder if your car is a left hand drive I think exchanging the slave cylinder is easier as the pedal box is not in the way
                  It's right hand drive. Looks like pedal box obstructs the matrix and master is in there. Slave on gearbox housing so I will do that when the engine comes out
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Sorry Dave i thought comedy else was asking about the location of the slave cylinder. Access to the slave cylinder when the engine is out will make life easier but you may still have to remove the pedal box the bulkhead has a double skin making repairs to the matrix a slave a pig of a job.

Comment

Looks like a healthy project! Much less rusty than my '83 WX car!

Comment

Slowly getting there. Rear is now nearly stripped.

The front drivers A pillar is the worst I have found so far.

The front wing bottoms came away in my hands 80% filler, 19% rust, 1% paint!

I'm on the lookout for repair panels if anyone has any knocking about
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I suppose you can say you dont have your hands full. It looks scary but doable check your passenger door I have a good spare.

Comment

I suppose you can say you dont have your hands full. It looks scary but doable check your passenger door I have a good spare.
                            Cheers Joss. I will have a look when I call with you.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I had a full day in the garage today and made good progress.
                              Exhaust off
                              Prop shaft off
                              All wishbones off (they are past it)
                              All abs sensors removed in one piece
                              Rear brake pipes calipers and carriers off
                              Rear tie rods off (one is dead)
                              Rear off side drive shaft off
                              Nearside driveshaft won't budge on the inner cv join. All the bolts removed, is it just bonded on with corrosion or is the diff lock holding it?
                              Subframe bolts at the rear cleaned and soaked in oil ready for a go at them tomorrow.
                              I still have lots to do. Every single bolt is fighting back and its all taking ages.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I had a prop shaft cv joint stuck on my diff flange this year. It was less than ideal dealing with it on the floor, you should get on a lot better with your car in the air

Comment

Working...
                                X