No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but 850 on cruising speed is too much,cause its a temp that you hold on for a long time,and that is not good.
    i would suggest 780-800 @ the turbo which is 680-700 at the downpipe(after the turbo)
    if the EGT is where the lamda is or before the lamda,then say about 50-70 degrees less than 780-800@the turbo

Comment

These temperatures if you see the log come if i have i.e. 4 th gear and push the throttle a little bit so i get 0.1-0.2 boost steady from 3000 and up (holding the throttle always so that i get this 0.1 bar). after some seconds i see this 750 celcius. Is it the spark causing this or should i richen it a bit further up the RPM?
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
        Today i made a trip and noticed that my EGT are during crousing and increasin RPM in the 100 KPA area at 750 degrees celcious after the turbo. Do you think that it ok is? Please check the Lambda and Spark table and this log i got and comment. The outside temperature was very low i and i think in the sommer it would be even more.
        As posted earlier your timing are too low.
        This is my timing setup. It's a 2.5 with 8.5:1 and cams with more duration then std (mech cams with 226@1mm lift ) so not necessary the right setup for your engine so use as guideline only
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Audi_CQ; 5 April 2008, 20:08.

Comment

I will try some more out.

Thanks
          Last edited by Billman; 5 April 2008, 20:44.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I will try some more out.

Thanks
            here is my ignition map:
            Attached Files
            --------------------------------------------------------
            Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

What do you think about these? I gone somewhere in the middle between yours and my old one.

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Look much better. Would maybe add a bit more on the 1600rpm row at low loads. Up to ~30. Just my $0.02

Comment

Thanks a alot

I did changed it also in the 1600 RPM region.

One more question. How did you hear the knock? Do you use the stock sensors or did you have something else?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

One more question. How did you hear the knock? Do you use the stock sensors or did you have something else?
                    Only by ear I'm afraid. No input for knock sensors on the DTA P8 Pro I'm using. Have to play safe and use a good dyno operator who can hear knocking when mapping.
                    I'm switching to E85 for track day use this year so should have a better safety margin

Comment

With the motronic i used E50 without any problems. Now with VEMS since it regulates the fuelling always all the way is it OK to leave the Lambda as is? I think Lambda is always the same but the AFRs not (gasoline is different to E50 or E85). Does it mean i can leave the Lambda values as is for starters or even leaner them a bit (since E85 burns cooler as Gas)?

I think i also need other injectors. Now that i want (and can have) my EGTs cold, at ca. 1.1 Bar with the RS2 turbo on the Redline they come very close to the 85% DC. Was thinking about the Siemens Deca 630 Injectors. What do you think?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

With the motronic i used E50 without any problems. Now with VEMS since it regulates the fuelling always all the way is it OK to leave the Lambda as is? I think Lambda is always the same but the AFRs not (gasoline is different to E50 or E85). Does it mean i can leave the Lambda values as is for starters or even leaner them a bit (since E85 burns cooler as Gas)?

I think i also need other injectors. Now that i want (and can have) my EGTs cold, at ca. 1.1 Bar with the RS2 turbo on the Redline they come very close to the 85% DC. Was thinking about the Siemens Deca 630 Injectors. What do you think?
                        Lambda is the same so can be as is Need a dyno to get the fueling 100%, but E85 can run richer without problems so don't lean out to much.

Injectors need to be at least 30% bigger then for gas as it takes 30% more E85 to burn the same amout of air. The 630's (725 with 4bar FPR) should be good for 500hp on E85 (4bar FPR)

Comment

Here some newer maps for 98 RON. What do you think of the spark and Lambda. With the settings i posted before it was much slower than before, so i raised the spark somewhere in between the two maps you posted. I also leaned it a bit. Can you comment on these settings?

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Here some newer maps for 98 RON. What do you think of the spark and Lambda. With the settings i posted before it was much slower than before, so i raised the spark somewhere in between the two maps you posted. I also leaned it a bit. Can you comment on these settings?
                            Should be OK as a starting point for a dyno session. Maybe a bit lean on lower revs ~100kpa? Don'l like lambda less then 1

Comment

I calibrated the WB lambda again as it smelled like it was too rich (dindt see black smoke btu it smelled funny) and it was really off. Now i am making a map for E50 and watch the EGT so that it stays safe.

Anybody tryed settings about the knock sensing that worked?
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Can you maybe post your Lambda values also. With this map i still get hight EGT at long crusing at high speed and on 6 th gear full throttle till 220+ kms/h.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X