• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFS! How about now?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Pictures working perfectly fine on my Mrs iPad but not on shity samsung galaxy s8.that is nice update Alex.Manifold looking great

Comment

• Picture perfect here - loving the effort Aaron - I might need some of your machining services along the way - that clevis pin is almost lush !
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Pictures here as well using Firefox.
          Do you mind sharing the specs and where did you get the water outlet behind the head? About to do the same to go around drilling a hole to TDI block.
          Do you have #1 at tdc on 60-2 trigger pic?

Comment

• Pictures are working now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuizeR View Post
              Pictures here as well using Firefox.
              Do you mind sharing the specs and where did you get the water outlet behind the head? About to do the same to go around drilling a hole to TDI block.
              Do you have #1 at tdc on 60-2 trigger pic?
              I just welded a -10AN fitting to a stainless freeze plug. This will link to the water rail. I want to see if increasing the coolant flow to cyl 4 & 5 will help increase the knock threshold.
              I will also take this coolant supply via a heater plate in the bottom of a air/oil separator but I have not made that yet.
              The picture shows the crank set at TDC as I installed the 60-2 wheel.

Hope that helps.
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• A few people asked me recently about how to improve the steering on these cars. Here is one small improvement I came up with a whole ago but not posted on the forum before.

You will probably recognise this rubber disc coupling from the steering rack to column joint. Most are pretty toasted these days - soft and flopped or even torn. Of course Audi want you to buy a new spline joint and yoke for hundreds of pounds.
                I machined an alloy replacement. It improves the steering feel and brings some much needed tactility to the wheel.

sON8LBm.jpg
                You need to grind the rivets off the rubber disc and pull it off. The alloy plate simply bolts on.

kuJOMyx.jpg

Heres a couple shots of my mods to the water rail. I machined a -10AN boss and welded this to the rear corner, to link up with the fitting in the freeze plug on the back of the head. I want to see if increasing the coolant flow to cyl 4 & 5 will push the knock threshold. I will also divert coolant flow to a heater in an air/oil separator (still on the drawing board & yet to be machined!)

3jYPnKe.jpg

1kHqLC2.jpg
                7VFlmSn.jpg

Over & out
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Hi Alex loving all custom parts your making for your car any chance you will be making the steering coupling for us lot who can’t haha

Comment

• You got all that done in a weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404
                      A few people asked me recently about how to improve the steering on these cars. Here is one small improvement I came up with a whole ago but not posted on the forum before.

You will probably recognise this rubber disc coupling from the steering rack to column joint. Most are pretty toasted these days - soft and flopped or even torn. Of course Audi want you to buy a new spline joint and yoke for hundreds of pounds.
                      I machined an alloy replacement. It improves the steering feel and brings some much needed tactility to the wheel.

You need to grind the rivets off the rubber disc and pull it off. The alloy plate simply bolts on.

Heres a couple shots of my mods to the water rail. I machined a -10AN boss and welded this to the rear corner, to link up with the fitting in the freeze plug on the back of the head. I want to see if increasing the coolant flow to cyl 4 & 5 will push the knock threshold. I will also divert coolant flow to a heater in an air/oil separator (still on the drawing board & yet to be machined!)

Over & out

Perfect timing sir - I also discovered that curious rubber coupling on the column only recently. I was rather hoping someone had fashioned a more robust item like yours.

Then Diesel Des got me thinking about the electric assisted steering option (with parts from an Opel Corsa) to delete all the hydraulic shyte - so I assume a similar (or same ?) h/d coupling from the OE rack to the GM column is going to be needed ?

Don't want to hijack this thread - just another voice of respect for your engineering skills !
                      Last edited by S2central.net; 30 May 2018, 09:03. Reason: duplicate pics removed (Doh)
                      Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Great work as always.
                        All pictures are working now since I've moved to tap talk.
                        What sort of temperature difference would ceramic coatings give?
                        Alex you should open an online shop with all those bits.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice work as alway sir, put me down for a steering coupler if you make a batch
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• me too on the steering coupler...
                            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Bad *** work Alex u may open your own shop
                              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• @ Alex - notch me up for an alloy steering column coupler as well.
                                Paul Nugent

Comment

Working...
                                X