20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:- Apologies for the poor quality images

I took the clocks out and swapped them with the known good ones in my other coupe.

The Autocheck didn't work in the "good" car, and made a beeping sound. so theres a problem with the instrument cluster. To be honest, the clock LCD is scruffy and i'll probably look out for a replacement on the bay etc.

On that point, i noticed in both cars a redundant black/blue plug:- Is this for the Trip Computer? And if so, is it plug and play if i can find a cluster with the OBC?

I had the door seal and the A-pillar trim off to have a look at the external windscreen trim and how it is attached - from the diagrams posted, are these the hole containing the rivets that need drilling?

also i can see why the external trim doen't seemt o be seated properly - there is a metal tab broken at the top. The rubber seal underneath is also loose and slipped down to the side iof the screen, under the trim:-

As well as that, i'm pretty sure Newsh was right about the sunroof leaking too - the material of the headlining is coming away from the biscuit board - a sure sign that water is freely making its way into the cockpit. I need to find something suitable for cleaning out the drain holes too

Seeing as the sunroof mech is sticky, i'll probably remove the whole headlining to get at the mechanism, and also give me a chance to clean all the skanky mould off it. urgh!

Thats it for now
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      On that point, i noticed in both cars a redundant black/blue plug:- Is this for the Trip Computer? And if so, is it plug and play if i can find a cluster with the OBC?
      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=computer
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Nice one Mark

Just to look out for the bits now, likely to be rare as the proverbial rocking horse waste though
        - how does the computer display fit into the existing cluster I didn't spot any removeable panels but maybe i wasn't looking
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

See the pic further down of the autocheck removed, thats what it looks like but with an LCD display. All you need is that unit. I used an S2 cluster for the white dials, just had to have em
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

lol - yeah i want 'em too :mischeif:

at least its easily do-ble when the time comes.. i'll keep an eye out for bits :0
            theres a computer unit and loom on the bay but i need to plough my fnds into getting this project done

Cheers for the info mate
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Right! I've done a bit more work

Interior Out!

Seats are absolutely disgusting!!! Shame on the previous owner (read neglector)

Believe me the carpet is equally foul! I'm planning on hiring a proper carpet cleaner to save me the scrubbing - some care and lots of deterget should see it right.
              Thank god the carpet and fabric is so hard wearing!!

quick question - noticed the gear shift 'bush ball' is very worn, at least 2mm of play in there - can this be replaced reasonably cheaply from a stealer to give a nice tight factory shift action?
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Firstly apologies about the picture quality

A-pillar trim removed - sweet Jesus that was a nightmare!
                As you've probably guessed, i did removed the door seal etc at the time

Its had a new windscreen at some point - i don;t know what kind of muppet fitted it, but they made an absolute pigs ear of it
                The rivets were drilled out with far too large a bit, so they have messed up the holes in the trim and now i'll need to use some kind of little washer or something to make sure the rivets get good purchase when i put it back together.
                They've also used hard setting rubber bonding sealant instead of non-setting stuff to stick the trim down and 'seal' it. so not only did it leak, but it took me 4 hours with a craft knife, a pair of tweezers and some long nosed pliers to get the trim off without damaging it

Look at the kind of ***** i've had to deal with

heres a pic of the clips that secure the trim. a couple of mine are missing.

Had a bit of rust and one of the broken clips at the top of the pillar, so i repaired that and will fab up something to replace the clip.

Just waiting for some larger rivets to arrive now so i can put it back together properly - how it should have been done. and i;m not even a windscreen fitter!!!
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thingy

'quick question - noticed the gear shift 'bush ball' is very worn, at least 2mm of play in there - can this be replaced reasonably cheaply from a stealer to give a nice tight factory shift action?[/QUOTE]'

Might just have a spare 'ball' to sort your wobblynuss out, will check the garage tonite and see if i still have the part no.
                  Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Spot on Carlos - much appreciated
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Part no. 893 711 118 E

Think this will fit yours, but check first. Cant remember what i paid, check with 'stealer' and get back to me, or someone here can tell us. I have all the other parts if you want (93k on the car) in case you lose any bits in the fitting?

You Brum way, so could drop them off at a certain club meet that happens in Droitwich area?
                      Attached Files
                      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Sweet!

Yeah sounds good, it'd be good to put a few names to faces

Well let me know when you're heading over i'll try and make it

Is the meet a regular thing? (some nice roads down there from me :mischeif: )

Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Right. Done some more work - no pics this time
                          Got the passenger side Pillar trim off - more filthy wet hours hours of carefully cutting the ***** rubber glue with a craft knife
                          At least if i **** it up and need to re-do it it'll be a doddle next time

Got some non-setting sealant off the bay, and going to try to reseal the pillars this week - woo hoo Need a couple clips though - wondered if any of your kind folks can furnich me with a part number for two of the clips ... this one

and the on right at the top of the A-pillar by the roofline? (no pic sorry )

Any assistance gratefully appreciated
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Clips down the sides = 895 853 707 D

Clips at the top = 895 853 707 C (left)
                            ---------------= 895 853 708 C (right)

Correct rivets are = N 905 763 01 (size - A4 x 9 x 8 x 1.2)

You are also supposed to use a bit of protective foil behind each clip, part number = AKL 448 300 04 (290 x 210mm) <<< I'm guessing you cut this stuff down to the size you need.
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

cheers Jas - mucho appreciated
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Right - finally after weeks of work, the rear brakes are ready.

Calipers fully stripped, resealed, refurbed and painted.
                                Took hours and is a nasty fiddly job - my advice: - same yourself the tim4e and buy new ones

Disks and pads were very recent, so they have stayed

New braided lines fitted too

More pics follow tomorrow
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X