Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the gauges I had, the assembly had 4 connectors coming out:

-3prong plug, plugged into a relay
    -2pin beige plug, plugged into the black connector you have up there (although mine was beige)
    -6pin white plug (3x2 like the one you have)
    -2pin plug (two spades, looks like -|). Mine isn't connected but it's the same connector used for the ashtray, I assuming its for lights, etc. I plan to splice it into the cig light wires for power.

The 6pin white plug from the car is not wired properly yet on mine (only had 2 wires going to it) and like I mentioned before the ashtray type connector wasn't there as well.

Then again mine is a v6 and they may be different.

btw check ur pm box

HTH

edit: about your brakes, you can do it by hand if you have a mate to help you. It will just take longer. Bleed the nipple on the cylinder until fluid comes out, do all the wheels in order, and do the cylinder again.

Comment

i have a nice set of s2 aux gauges for sale if interested
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Got to admit IIRC that connactor is still undone in mine, nowt to connect it to in the area either....... S2 aux guages connect up the same no difference at all matey..... Have a look at Bo's aux guage plasma sets, they really make a difference mate, easier on the eye than the red... Just a thought....
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

do they come in different colours?

Never been a fan of the blue lighting look really.... red / white though....
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Great restoration there. Have you gotten any info on repairing the jacking point area? I've got the same issue but on both sides of my 7A Coupe.
            1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

Comment

well i was going to chop a bit out of Azman's shell, but decided we'd need a 12" petrol powered cutting disk - the sill is not "structural" and is welded onto the chassis.
              We had a good look at it and thought they'd probably cut the end off the sill and try and knock it out. I'm almost ready to get this car on teh road now, one of the first jobs is taking the car to a good body shop i know to get this looked at - i'll let you know what they say.
              I'm guessing it will probably be about £300-400 of damage though
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Right - After a bit of a break due to christmas / weather / laziness.....
                Got my Scorpion back box fitted today!

Thanks Acidburn!!!

Old one came off pretty easily without having to resort to my trusty reciprocating saw, so even though i was crawling around on my back in the rain getting covered in all manner of filth, a pleasing antidote to my seat woes

Sounds lovely, although i've only blipped the throttle on the drive - really looking forward to all 7k of 20v howl Fits perfectly too

All I need to do now is get a slow puncture repaired and get my dambed seats fitted, then its time for an MOT

More bits planned soon for this project to get it it tidied up and back to its former glory:

Repair sill damage
                Have Fatty sort out my paint work
                new door trim strips
                new wings
                replacement bonnet
                Platinum headlining set

and lotsmore after that.....
                Last edited by Error404; 19 January 2008, 16:27.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Glad to be of help, you need to get a quick vid up of it i'll let you know what else I come across in my spares.

Comment

After a bit of fannying about, got my quattro script S2 seats in today

Just waiting for the door cards to arrive in the next few weeks
                    some poor pics - sorry

Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Nice project m8,, i got a white 20v which is pretty mch the same condition as wen u started urs,,p/s pump gone,shi*e interior (last owner forgot where the ashtray was ,brakes etc. now startin to restore that ready for spring hopefully earlier dependant on cost,, but real nice m8

Comment

Cool - good to see another one getting some TLC - the CQ20s are pretty much the rarest coupes now I think!
                        Good luck
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          After a bit of fannying about, got my quattro script S2 seats in today

Just waiting for the door cards to arrive in the next few weeks
                          some poor pics - sorry

Trembling with excitement me thinks...good work...you will really luv the car when its finished...
                          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

haha.
                            I HAD to take it for a little spin down my road earlier... the exhaust note is awesome with the scorpion box on and no cat
                            Can't wait for the cone filter now too
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

right, bit more done over the last couple of days...

nice black carpet and plastics in to replace the manky platinum stuff

Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

and.......

S2 white Aux gauges turned up on thursday.
                                Bezels were a bit manky and rusty so i decided to get my dremel out and have a play........ :mischeif:

Polished the bezels up nicely and sprayed with some clear laquer...

Not perfect, but they definately look better than rusty black ones

Coming soon......

Platinum headlining set
                                Heated seats
                                Cruise Control
                                MOT & Tax
                                Last edited by Error404; 23 March 2008, 23:06.
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X