Clear All

• Phew! You had me panicked then Paul
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Sorry Bob, missed your post there.
      They basically welded a new piece of sill over the top and blended it it. Looks ok, its not an amazing job, but TBH the car is being built to be driven not pored over by geeks with clip-boards so i'm happy with the outcome, especially for the price
      Was the new piece of sill fabricated by them or cut off a junker Coupe body? I envy that Tosen diff. If only our US Coupes got the larger output flanges so the swap a bit easier.
      1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

Comment

• it was fabricated by the body shop mate. I did look into getting a new sill off Audi, and they are supprisingly cheap, under £100 IIRC.
        I'm not sure how much work is involved in ctting it out and welding in the new one though. I guess with most of these things if you do the prep work yourself its loads cheaper.
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• good deal on a set of lights, wonder who that was from

I might have a look into doing what you've done with the arches, still waiting on that lockup which is annoying but the engine build is starting to get ready to go so thats good, just gotta find a home for my old engine

Comment

• I might know of a good home for it

Seriously recommend checking out the arches, there were some pretty large gaps in the body seal on mine, rot was well underway. If i can find the use of a workshop one day i'm going to completely strip and reseal the bottom of the car.
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              good deal on a set of lights, wonder who that was from

I might have a look into doing what you've done with the arches, still waiting on that lockup which is annoying but the engine build is starting to get ready to go so thats good, just gotta find a home for my old engine
              The front room and the spare bedroom...nice and dry to prevent rust getting a hold...
              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• no good if you've been banned from storing car parts in the front room becasue you stained the carpet with Coppaslip
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Wus...

Guess who wears the trousers in your...oops her house?

Got that gasket yet?
                  Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• rofl

yes mate got it through this morning, cheers
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• well, picked the car up from the bodyshop, having had the new front end sprayed - looks great.
                      Still need to fit my new headlight reflector on the drivers side, take off the front bumper and adjust the bumper mounts slightly, fit 2 uncracked replacement fogs and then give it a thorough wax and polish, fit new arch liners, swap the headlight loom plugs and sort out some bulb holders, but heres a crappy phone pic teaser:

Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Brilliant!

Looking forward to decent pics now Alex.

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Very nice, look forward to some decent pics when you get the chance, car has come a long way, credit to you Alex
                          1999 A3 1.8T Quattro Silver
                          2002 A3 1.9 TDi 130 6 speed.
                          2002 TT Coupe 225
                          1997 A8 2.8 Sport

www.cotswoldvehicleservices.co.uk

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks guys

yup, the weekend should give me chance to treat it to a full detail

i'm panning on roping my mate Paul in to take some decent pics at some point as he's a bit of a photography geek
                            I'm really pleased ith it, my only worry now is that someone will write it off for me

Steve, can you remind me the name of that hardcore long lasting wax you recommended when i came to see you?
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• My living room!!!

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              no good if you've been banned from storing car parts in the front room becasue you stained the carpet with Coppaslip
                              photo of my living room!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Bloody hell Alex. That's a hell of a transformation dude

Hats off
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                                2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                                1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
                                X