No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex, that is a STUNNING transformation, you should be really proud of yourself!

That looks lovely now.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• The car looks great, some great work you have done on this.

I have a question about the following.

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      I

Subframe &forged arms with bushes installed, and 26mm front ARB with poly buhes to go on too.

:

What subframe did you use? I presume you had to use 7a one with 10mm holes? Or are say 3b subframes and 7a subframes the same but different bushings for the bolt size?

If it was a 7a one and you fitted an S2 FARB what mounting clips did you have to use?

Is it the same 2 bolt clip as is on the 7a with a different sized bush. Or is it a different sized clip as well?

Dont put an s2 lump in, you should try a remote mounted turbo first. http://www.ststurbo.com
      Seems to be plenty people who have done home made versions. If you blow the engine up then you have a good excuse to stick an aby unit in.
      1990 Cq20v GTi Engineering RE2400
      1992 16v 80 quattro
      2004 A3

Comment

• Thanks Steve your PCing skills definately turned the corner with the paint restored

Hibby all the 5 speed subframes are the same mate, mines actually off a URQ - the early / late cars just use different bushes
        The ARB mounting clips are the same too AFAIK, the bushes again are different.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Looking good do you ever drive frankley way as i seen one like this a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Perfect exactly what I needed to know. Thanks
            1990 Cq20v GTi Engineering RE2400
            1992 16v 80 quattro
            2004 A3

Comment

• Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
              Looking good do you ever drive frankley way as i seen one like this a few weeks ago.
              yeah not far away, might have been me
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• hi,pls how u fix this part? you buy a new ? thx

and paint is only polish or how its says
                Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Is it the rubber trim that is broken?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    Is it the rubber trim that is broken?
                    i have the same problem but in the front,not broken just i cant fit them

****ing trims

Comment

• The rubber strips shrink with time/heat, they are still available, think vagparts is the cheapest over here....

Ant
                      91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                      KW V2s and other goodies
                      now gone
                      03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                      08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                      57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

• yup agree with anton, there are a couple of people on ebay that remove them if they are good but tbh i'd buy new as they will last longer

Comment

• how much cost both sides of the rubber trims? in our country cost around 150 libras

Comment

• £82 for a set, doesn't include the moulding at the bottom of the front wings tho

Ant
                            91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                            KW V2s and other goodies
                            now gone
                            03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                            08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                            57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

• I thought i'd update this with some progress, some of it has been posted in other threads

I'm using the 22mm Type 85 style ARB on the rear with kinked dropinks.

Refurbished a pair of rear tie rods: be nice to get polys or somthing for these one day as the old bushes look a bit worn

and refreshed a pair of low mileage rear ball joints:

Rear subframe assembly with poly bushes throughout:

I've swapped the crown wheels over between the S2 diff and the V8 torsen.
                              S2 diff casing stripped ready for paint:

The old drain plug was mullered so i took i to my local machine shop. They drilled it out and overbored the hole, retapped it and turned my a lovely stainless plug and copper washer for it

Need to get the diff painted and new oil seals installed, then fit the torsen unit in and seal it up. Then the rear end refresh is almost ready to come togther
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Some good ideas there, i'll have to speak to you about doing my rear tie rods

have you got the diff fitted yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X