No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got mine off the bay of theives for next to FA, but i'm pretty sure its this one or very similar at least
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Nice work, any chance you can pop over the water and weld the front strut mounts on for me too

I used an OMP rear brace that looks very similar to yours.... http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=brace

While were on the subject on chassis mods, i think there is something different on S2's infront of the rear wheel arches. I've seen a pic on the forum somebody posted with the rear side panel removed, looked very different to my CQ20v.

Mark.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Which bits do you mean Mark? I looked on ETKA around the differences on the S2 Vs the CQ and there was a handful I could see, all around the tunnel area, but then the tunnel is totally different on the £b and also the ABY because of the different twin cat arrangement.

TBH though, whatever efforts Audi made they weren't nearly enough as the S2 is still a sloppy old dog compared to most sports coupes
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Which bits do you mean Mark? I looked on ETKA around the differences on the S2 Vs the CQ and there was a handful I could see, all around the tunnel area, but then the tunnel is totally different on the £b and also the ABY because of the different twin cat arrangement.

TBH though, whatever efforts Audi made they weren't nearly enough as the S2 is still a sloppy old dog compared to most sports coupes
          Found it, Sonic posted it a while back. You see the brace panel below the bottom of the window, my CQ dosent have that. On mine the foam insulation runs up further, and the green plastic vacuum reservoir is mounted where the small hole is.

P.S. Just had a look through my photo collection and found this one of a CQ20v....hmmm

Attached Files
          Last edited by mcandmar; 10 August 2009, 17:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
            Found it, Sonic posted it a while back. You see the brace panel below the bottom of the window, my CQ dosent have that. On mine the foam insulation runs up further, and the green plastic vacuum reservoir is mounted where the small hole is.

P.S. Just had a look through my photo collection and found this one of a CQ20v....hmmm

Isnt that something to do with side impact door bars. diffence between say 3b and aby.

Comment

what ever happened to your nice shiney old strut brace bar BTW? :mischeif:
              Lol you mean the huge bar that used to cause me problems with boost

yeah still have it, its now on the s4.

Comment

• yeah thats the one - nice that bar was, if it ever needs a new home one day.....

Weird - i can't find anything in the FA about this extra part in the quarter panel
                Mine is the same as yours Mark as you'd expect.... i really can't see that it really does anything to strengthen the chassis TBH though. Weird.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• So are they side impact bars

Comment

• Dunno mate, but i just noticed this too - one of Rusty's pics of his stripped ABY interior:

The vertical members tying the strut towers to the base of the C pillar - not there on the earlier coupes as you can see above, but again nothing about it in the FA
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Dunno mate, but i just noticed this too - one of Rusty's pics of his stripped ABY interior:

The vertical members tying the strut towers to the base of the C pillar - not there on the earlier coupes as you can see above, but again nothing about it in the FA
                      Well spotted, thats another one for the list. They will all add up to make a big difference to the car. Put it this way if i jack my CQ infront of the rear wheel the doors wont open/close properly. Its ridiculous how floppy the coupe body shell is.

Comment

• hopefully mine won't be anymore after all this chassis work
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• We have underseal

Big thanks to Rob (GT500) for all his help and advice - owe you a beer mate

A few bits to order now for the mechanicals, some clips, bolts and other assorted little widgets, need to make up some some brake and fuel line - then reassebly should start over the next few days - can't wait to roll it out of the garage and give it a good clean - not long now

Alex
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• WOW.

Very impressed with what you've achieved here, I wouldn't dare take on a challenge like this, I have no bodywork skills at all, I love doing the oily bits, Im an Aircraft Tech by trade, but for some reason bodywork seems to be past me....

Bet you cant wait to get it back on the road, will be interesting to hear how its firmed up with all the work you've done to it.

Good stuff.

Kieron.
                            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• I wouldn't dare tackle anything you can see
                              TBH, I learnt to weld on this project, which was proabably a bit of a baptism of fire (literally!) but all the rest was really just elbow grease, lots of tea, swearing, cuts and bruises, the usual
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Found this on a v6 we sent for scrap today

not sure how they'd be removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X