No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not updated this for a while, been busy collecting parts for the final stage of my running gear refresh.
    Doing some side by side testing on finishes - see which lasts the longest, so I have POR15 vs 2k Paint vs Powder Coat

Refurbished Hubs: Blasted & painted up with POR15. New OE bearings, new ABS sleeves, new inner rings in the rears
    Refurbished struts: Strut tube and spring cups blasted and sprayed with 2k urethane based paint
    Refurbished springs: Soda blasted and powdercoated.

In went Konis, add some VA / HA Coupe H&Rs, new Meyle HD topmounts on the rear, staying with standard mounts on the front for now as hope to be testing something special soon. All going on the car tomorrow - exciting

Also have to let the cat out of the bag now - bought some new rims a few weeks ago
    Not got any tyres yet, but these should go nicely.... genuine BBS CH012s - 8.5J x 18
    They've only covered a few hundred miles from new you don't want to know how much of a bargain they were
    Looking to run 245/35s for über grip and fatty stance

How long do people recommend bedding the new dampers and springs in for before getting alignment done?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• alex......those rims are amazing !! I always thought bbs lm's were the ultimate but the ch's just keep catching my eye

Comment

• yeah i love LMs too but the price is just scary, these suit the coupe perfectly though so i couldn't resist
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• CH look the daddy on the coupe
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Awesome job Error Im about to tackle my suspension and I hope it come out half as good
            Justin
            1990 Audi Coupe Quattro= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46309
            1991 Audi 200 20VTQA= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54410
            1987 Audi Coupe GT

Comment

• Got everything fitted up and the car back on the deck

Really happy with the looks, perfect stance IMHO
              More importantly, the drive is much improved in spite of needing the alignment done. Ride is very good, car doesn't feel overly stiff and crashy - nice and firm and still very comfortable - will get the alignment done next week, looking forward to driving it hard through some twisties now

Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• MMM, jealousy
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Glad the parts helped you mate, looking good

Comment

• /yeah looking good,,,,

Comment

• are those going to rub? looking good!

Comment

• I am seriously jealous of the chassis refresh, it looks bloody amazing!

I can believe this is the same car!

Props to you my friend.

Attached Files
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Cheers guys, its been a lot of work to get the running gear all how i want it and with help from other forum members with parts and expertise
                          Looking forward to driving it properly now without feeling like the skipper of a laden trawler

Still got some bits of bodywork that need tidying up, but almost everything is sorted now before starting on the quest for more power and an extra gear. Also on the look out for an RS2 grill and RS2 FARB and got a few more nice factory extras waiting in the wings, plus theres a couple of special / custom parts I'm waiting on ATM.

I've also got a solution I'm working on for a separate handbrake / 4 pot rear brake arrangement that will work with stock handbrake cables and be a bolt on with a little bit of work
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I have got to admire your dedication to the task in hand. You will have a lovely car at the end of this. (Is there ever an end? )

Cheers,

Steve.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• That looks stunning mate, good job. Are those B4 front wings?
                              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• They're all the same on the coupes mate
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X