X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post

haha it was made in my country (czech republic),, i think it will be good

Comment

• Stitch welding it is that man - and a jolly good 'free' upgrade it is for adding rigidity to the chassis - I say free as it only costs time really - and a bit of gas and a few weliding rods
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Yer "free" is £10 of wire, £40 of gas and 60 hours work
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• nice work mate, i guess that cost a lot of nerves to do all the things. Dy you take some seal to protect weld?or just a zinc print ?
          Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• 3 coats of good zinc primer on the inside will be fine i think, but i am also painting the inside of the car with Second Skin Spectrum to replace and hopefully improve on the knackered old factory sound deadening pads.

The underbody will be painted with POR15 first, then 3M body sealer, then Dinitrol 3125 then Dinitrol 4941 as recommended by GT500
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• **** thats sound crazy all these seals,how much payed u for this?
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• about £200
                But it needs to last hopefully another 20 years so i want to do it properly
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Another weekend in the garage and this time 3 coats of POR15 - Sooooo satisfying to see it looking clean and tidy !

next week hopefully underseal time, then reassembly! Woot!
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• looking good mate, looking forward to seeing this back on the road. Alot of work has gone into this.

Comment

• then i can get started with the goodies you keep bringing me
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Been delayed with my underseal - ETKA shows the wrong plugs for the floor plan, and they are a weird shape and size so couldn't find anything off the shelf that would work Eventually found something on the A100 that looks like it'll work, so order them up - on back order as usual, hopefully be here for this coming weekend so i can underseal and then finally start reassembly.

So i have been doing some more chassis "improvements"

First off modded a universal strut brace to work on the rear towers, will be removeable so keep some practical boot space - welded the pick-ups to the rear turrets

Then some of you will recognise this tunnel brace - goes across the tunnel just behind the gearbox - stock is a pathetic pressed steel piecce that i folded up in my hands Remade it out of 3mm steel plate so hopefully it'll resist bending - not sure if it'll make much of a difference overall but can't hurt.

Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Then the front chassis brace - wanted to tie the front chassis rails together as close as possible to the rear mountings for the front subframe.
                          Also I needed to be able to remove the brace, so I made some plates and welded some M12 nuts onto them that i can bolt a brace bar onto - then welded these onto the front of the chassis rails - not the prettiest job i've ever done, but function over form is my mantra, and is definately strong enough

And then the brace bar itself will sit across the chassis rails - not made the bar yet, but this piece of wood will do for now as the cars not moving

Still the S2 strut brace mounts to weld on too, but that is a job for one evening this week.

Hopefully
                          the plugs for the floor pan turn up this week then I can spray my underseal, and the start reassembly... finally - fingers crossed
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Looking good, i'll get the other stuff up to you asap, the top strut mounts are only spot welded on, you gonna do them that way or weld all the way around?

Comment

• I'm going to stich weld around the outside on them, just need to clean them up and primer them.
                              They've still got emerald green paint on them from when I cut them out of Sal's old S2

what ever happened to your nice shiney old strut brace bar BTW? :mischeif:
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Rear brace looks nice and neat. I want something like that, possibly to double up as a harness bar.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X