No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers guys - in for a new MOT today then hopefully a full valet on Wednesday, interior is filthy first time its all been back in for almost 2 years
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Did you move the brake fluid reservoir to where your battery used to be or is it just placed there in the picture?

Also what do you mean by backlash on the torsen from the poly bush versus stock?
      Justin
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46309
      1991 Audi 200 20VTQA= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54410
      1987 Audi Coupe GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kliminati456 View Post
        Did you move the brake fluid reservoir to where your battery used to be or is it just placed there in the picture?
        or maybe its just different for rhd vs lhd
        Justin
        1990 Audi Coupe Quattro= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46309
        1991 Audi 200 20VTQA= http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54410
        1987 Audi Coupe GT

Comment

• yup, RHD thing dude

I thought the back lash was out of spec on my TORsen rear diff, as it was making a heavy thump from the rear on hard gear changes. So i took the diff out and checked it over and turns out the backlash was well in spec. So i removed the stiff polyurethane rear diff bush and replaced with stock rubber one and it is much improved.
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• The old CQ ran really well at Oulton on Friday never skipped a beat and held its own against some much "faster" machinery. The only casualty of the day was my front topmounts which were knockinng when I got back on the road - smashed in a record 300 miles since new. One too many rumble strips me thinks

Luckily we missed any snow but it was about -3 when we got there at 8.30 and worried they would cancel it if the track was icy but actually it was fairly dry, except for some frost under the trees through Druids and coming out of the Shell Oils hairpin. Really slippery up until about lunch time when the sun had done its business. The Mrs had a go and really enjoyed it, and her brother brought his 182 Cup wearing 888s, we had a good tussle and he couldn't shake me off his bumper or get quite close enough for me to have to let him through, which I was surprised about -we had to come in before it all got a bit silly

I'm really pleased with how the car handles now, its very neutral on and off the power, with the fat rear ARB and twin torsen setup all 4 wheels tend to break away at the same time into a nice controllable drift, easily balanced on the throttle
            Lots of people were interested in the car, I think mostly becuse of the noise it makes and the flames
            Some pics:

Little gif thing - being very quickly chased down by a mental sounding Exige

Got a few little video snippets i need to piece together into a little montage then I'll post that up. a good day out
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• need pics of the flames or they didn't happen

glad you enjoyed it mate, pics look good, was that a proper photographer or someone you know?

Comment

• haha... pics were off the proper track photographer, only 3 pics from behind and no flamage unfortunately

got my mini DV recorder through the post on Saturday am - typical!
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Sounds about right, your have to show me what it goes like when i'm next past?

Whats the plans for it next and whens the next track day?

Comment

• Looks good fun!

Car is looking good.

What exhaust are you running?
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• its a scorpion system, need to chop it about a bit now as the resonator keeps catching on stuff since i've fitted the 01E box - becasue the box is longer the shape of the pipe isn't quite right so it needs to hang a bit lower.

Now working on my adjutable PAS mod, should work nicely going to try and get the hose modified this week and get something going
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        Pretty sure I've got the only 6spd CQ out there now

You might be the second?? I think you and i are a pretty exclusive club though!!

Awesome work mate, sounds like its really getting there! Cant wait to get home so i can check out the pics (work internet blocks them)
                        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• haha, ok 1st 6 spd NA powered CQ then
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• little vid of some action from oulton:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxIZAzjC8Ew

f**ked if i can work out how to rename the file

EDIT: Worked it out
                            Last edited by Error404; 2 December 2010, 22:33.
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Sweet. It looks nice and composed on track.
                              Some on-board would be good. Track-side stuff always seems slower than it actually is IME.
                              SS

Comment

• Yeah its nicely balanced now, chassis is much improved but still not as stiff as I'd like.
                                A cage is really the "final solution" here, something I'm not going to do so i think i've taken the stiffening pretty much as far as it'll go.

Some track rubber is on the cards at some point once I've shod my CHs, then continuing with the 20vt build which i'm slowly collecting bits for
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X