20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
    Yeah i've got 99% of the bits for my version of that.

Just gotta get stuff back from spraying.

Got a diff sliding around my missus's car boot that i've got to get out before we sell the car
    Is that STILL in the car Pete, hope those rags haven't come out the ends or the new owner is going to get a shock when he opens the boots and get the eggy stench of old diff oil
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      Is that STILL in the car Pete, hope those rags haven't come out the ends or the new owner is going to get a shock when he opens the boots and get the eggy stench of old diff oil
      forgot about them.....

still it ain't my car, and besides I might just forget to remove the diff from there before its sold

after all its not going on my car and the new owner might have some use for a paperweight :mischeif:

Comment

i'll burn your door cards
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Well i'm really going to be out of pocket on them arn't i, hey wait i've got a set of s2 one's here to replace them with

Comment

Damb you and your superior parts collection!
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              Well i'm really going to be out of pocket on them arn't i, hey wait i've got a set of s2 one's here to replace them with
              Your be up when you sell me the diff
              Chef

Comment

pmsl, I ain't going to mention my full parts collection but it got added to today with:
                subframes
                set of struts
                diff
                some new gauges

Yeah james, i'll bring the diff over to you in exchange for some boot trims ok?

Comment

Sounds like a deal

Alex what bushes will you be changing? the full monty?
                  Chef

Comment

Alex maybe I missed it, you get the gauges wired up?

Comment

right. enough idle chit chat!

I've been playing with some glue. Not in a paper bag like Pete, no.
                      I've been laying some sound insulation in my boot instead.

I thought i'd try some since my boot lining is all junk and its out of the way while i'm waiting for new stuff. Since the likes of dynamat etc are ridiculously expensive, and lining my cavities with it () would cost more than i paid for the car, i've gone the cheapo route and used good old flashing tape

Took me 2 x 10m rolls to double layer the boot - equivalent cost in dynamat would be about £230.
                      Cost me £17.98 from my local builders merchants - nuff said.

A few hours and a pair of scissors gets you this:

Car is now about as quiet as it was with the boot lining set in, so hoping for a very nice and civilised drive... one day
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Cullam3n View Post
                        Alex maybe I missed it, you get the gauges wired up?
                        Pics on the previous page mate Yeah all wired up and working fine... was worried they might look a bit bling but i'm glad i did it now

James i plan to totally rebushing the whole car. Will be going the poly route inc subframes. Want it to be tight, but not OTT for road use
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          right. enough idle chit chat!

I've been laying some sound insulation in my boot instead.
                          Idle chit chat

eh?

yeah should be fine that in the boot, another thing is to get some light foam and put in the pockets etc at the side behind what trim used to be there, since looks like your not worried about adding weight, should still be ok tho.

you putting the standard carpet over the top of this?

Comment

yeah will be stock look
                            Will use some more flashing tape in the rear quarters and some loft insulation too before all then lining goes back in

Those rolls of flashing tape as about 3kg each mate - not much extra to worry about
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              Also visited my local body shop for a quote to repair my sill damage:

£250 to repair that, also to strip and re-do both sills (other side too) in nice new stonechip. I thought that sounded a good deal to me

So all together, a successful day!!
                              Damn, that's a steal! I went to a body shop about mine a couple months ago and they said it would be well over $1000. Great to see another 7A Coupe be cleaned up so well. Post up some pis once you have the work finished.
                              Last edited by ShadowofBob; 8 April 2008, 19:36.
                              1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

Comment

Will be getting the repairs done in the next 4-6 weeks i think Bob so will update with pictures. Only thing i'm concerned about is the plastic sill covers - these are NLA as far as i know, and look very very fragile and tough to get off.. obviously want a proper job done on the sills so might have to bite the bullet, get a heat gun and some cheese wire and try to get them off myself.....

Update: pics to follow
                                Car is now road legal and has been for his first few little runs
                                Heated seats installed and working - with home made back rest elements
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X