No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom - I wouldn't recommend them, very patchy light across the dials. I am still looking for some with the built in diffuser like Stu posted a pic of

Pat - yes I am 99% sure they will
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• good .Any ideas Alex,where i can get bigger front ARB on cq20v?How much hp u planned?Oem or little bit tuned?
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Hi Tom,

You can use an S2 front bar which is 26mm or if you can find one an RS2 front bar is 28mm
        You need to upgrade the rear bar though or you will have lots of horrible understeer
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• i have rear subframe without ARB.So can i modified a rear subframe or is need to buy a new one?
          Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• You can definitely add the mountings for a rear ARB, but maybe it is easier to buy a later subframe? (if you can find a good one)

Not had time to do much work on the engine recently as I have been working pretty much every day for the past 2 weeks

On the spur of the moment, even though I couldn't afford to I bought Skull's Compi lip splitter
            I was never sure if I liked how they looked or not but I had never seen one fitted to a coupe and really didn't want to buy a fibreglass replica to find out. I've never seen a real OEM one for sale so when Rok was selling one of his I thought it would be a one-time opportunity to find out if I liked it or not, if not no loss as they are so rare it could easily be sold again.

So today I taped it on to see what it looked like - still not sure, from some angles it looks great, some other it looks a bit "stuck on" if you know what i mean. I am sure it would look better fitted properly and with the bumper treated with some blacking, but I am loathed to drill it and the bumper only to decide its not for me. So... what do we think? cool or not? Cos I can decide!

Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I can't make up my mind either, although I think it would look a lot less stuck on if you blackened the textured part of your bumper. Try doing that and see if it helps you decide if you like it or not.

Comment

• its not for me, but the car is looking superb mate.

Comment

• No, not for me. Alex, your car looks class without it, don't go OTT...

Cheers,

Steve
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• It's a bonny beast Alex..
                    but as for splitter-it's not bad..but your car just doesn't need it!!

Comment

• These things are always a matter of personal taste, though my opinion is that as your car looks so fine , you could get away with it fitted, as its' so subtle it could be factory, and yes get some toasted sesame oil rubbed into the grainy profiled plastic, it works a treat.

Comment

• Looks fine as it is mate, no need for a splitter IMHO

Comment

• PS. What happened to your little oval badges?

Comment

• I covered them in di-noc as they were pretty scabby looking. I think they Audi badges are NLA now so I was thinking about putting the side repeater there, or smoothing it over (one day)

The jury is still out on the lip, for now I will leave it off and maybe stick it on again next week to have another look.
                            Last edited by Error404; 29 May 2013, 21:59.
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• not keen on it, as above, it looks ott and not with the style of the car.

And for some reason it makes the front look more rounded as its not as wide as the bumper i.e. rs2 style rounded so defo not for me.

If you want some of them wing badges give me a shout and i'll keep some for you.

Comment

• Seen worse.. owned worse.. looks more rear bumper to me.,

Rs2 mesh them bumper grills..

Cars looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X