No announcement yet.

Project "Sooty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dagdag runs on ordinary pump fuel, and isnt smokey in the slightest!

Oh after reading this thread yesterday, i went home and had a hunt in my engine bay, and i too have the plugs already there for the fogs!! so i look forward to whatever solution to the wiring at the switch end you come up with!
    Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.

Comment

I was only joking about black smoke...

Our V6 TDi runs on pump diesel and sometimes gives mighty coughs of smoke out the exhaust when on full chat. At 180bhp and 380Nm it shifts along rightly - would be undriveable without 4WD imo.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

With the bigger injectors mine does smoke on Dino Diesel. Much better on the eco friendly alternative though. Really need to push the boost up a touch more to clear up the rest of the smoke.

If you want smoke try running on a mix a PAS fluid, engine oil and diesel treatment. They will run on it but the smoke is a bit scary not to mention toxic

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant View Post

If you want smoke try running on a mix a PAS fluid, engine oil and diesel treatment. They will run on it but the smoke is a bit scary not to mention toxic

Ben
          And I thought I was being adventurous with crisp n dry
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I was caught short for fuel. Basically chucked whatever was in the boot in the tank. True Mr. Fusion home energy reactor style

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Ben - your going to get a new nickname at this rate - "Ozone Daddy" - LOL
              Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I should have done that a couple of weeks back when i ran out of juice,could have dropped a couple of litres out of the sump .Would have saved me a 2 mile walk.

Comment

Why is it every weekend, the weather is pants
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Just couldn't sit around all day doing nothing to it.
                    So braved the strong winds and biting horizontal rain to remove the wing mirrors, so I could paint them.
                    Gave em a rub over with a scotch pad, rubbed down with cellulose thinners and then primed with three coats of red primer.
                    Finally, four top coats of Laser Red with about 20 mins in between coats. May not be the correct way to paint things, but it works for me.

Will let the paint cure until tomorrow, then get the machine on it to shine it up a bit more.
                    Really has got a strong orange tint to Laser Red in the right/wrong light.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Cos...

i'm trying to work on my s2 sedan conversion...too

Nice job by the way...who mixes your paints?

oh...can you split the black frames from the front covers anyway?
                      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                        i'm trying to work on my s2 sedan conversion...too

Nice job by the way...who mixes your paints?

oh...can you split the black frames from the front covers anyway?
                        Local trade only motor factors/suppliers mixes it for me. A friend works there, so I don't get chased out being an ordinary Joe Public buyer

You can remove the black trim around the leading edge as far as I'm aware, though I've never tried it myself.

Jas..
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

re black smoke

dont know what sort of setup your tdi has but what i did on my 2002 transit was kink the vacumn that opens the egr valve its the extra exhaust gases that gives you the black smoke its cheaper than a new egr valve and they say it gives you more bhp how true that is i dont know as i cant see me ever putting it on a rr
                          94 s2 avant
                          aoc member 1116

Comment

Yes i would definately blank off the egr, it made a noticable difference when i had mine, i made some blanking plates up at work,similar to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrover-Disc...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I have been thinking about deleting the EGR nonsense on the V6 TDi - the car gets lots of short-ish journeys and only gets the cobwebs blew out when I get it into it at the weekend. Will have to investigate sometime...

Paul
                              Paul Nugent

Comment

I used one of martins plates on my A6 it reduced its black smokeoutput by about 75%,should keep the inlet manifold from clogging up as well.There is a setting in vagcom which allows you to make the egr valve only open once every year or something but i only found out about that afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X