hose fitted fine. So the only thing that MAKES sence is samco
    did not make a good enough copy.

Comment

• Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
      The stock ABY hose is the same part as the RS2 hose
      The part numbers are different:
      RS2 (ADU) 034133357 T
      S2 (ABY) 034133357 AA

Another difference is that the RS2 airbox cover is ~1 inch higher.
      Well seen on the photo.
      I hope, that´s the reason.
      My B4 Avant
      My S2
      My Cabrio

Comment

• Got problems with the s2 again... i took her out for a drive the other day with no problems at all, parked her up, then took her to work on Monday.

Mid-overtake she lost almost all power, i assumed a hose had popped-off as the cut under power, and continued the few miles to work. As i was nearing the office she started to stutter under idle, wanting to stall. I managed to get her parked up and then she died.

At this point she'd start up but stall after misfiring at idle. I thought i had a spare coilpack on me so started to swap these out, but alas i didn't, and she started idling on 5 cylinders again without issue.

When the drive home came she continually wanted to stall at idle, >1.5krpm she was fine but would misfire badly under any boost.

I managed to get her safely home, but it was a real PITA - it reminded me greatly of when i drove the car up to VRS after the first rebuild went bad, and every time you dropped off the throttle or dropped to idle she wanted to stall.

This morning she would instantly die after trying to idle. I barely had enough time to get the zeitronix sensors warmed up and reporting, but managed to see low 13's during idle whilst misfiring. i swapped out each coilpack one by one, i could hear each arcing as i removed it, and no distinct difference to pin point which cylinder might be the affected one.

Even with my spare coilpack being replaced on each cylinder there was no clear difference, so i can only assumed spark plug again despite being recently replaced.
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• One dead coil, injector or plug won't cause this, I lost a coil once and I just unplugged the injector on that cylinder once I had identified which one it was and drove it home, 55 miles, was lumpy but did not stall and was happy, all be it as a 4 cylinder for a bit.

Sounds like some sort of sensor malfunction or wiring fault.

Comment

• Bad / loose ground on the coilpack or ECU wiring?
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• God Andy you are cursed! Or the car for that matter.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, you've not had much luck with your car I have to say

What about MAF? I believe that can cause really bad issues if it's playing up or maybe dead or the connection to the ECU as mentioned. I recently searched for stalling issues and one mentioned it could be the plug to the ECU if that's right?

Would a bad earth really cause such horrible running?
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Any codes Andy?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Pull codes, probably something simple.
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Can you send me map a with fastdiags disabled so I can see vagcom?

Comment

• lol… oops.
                        Yes of course, Skype.
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                          God Andy you are cursed! Or the car for that matter.
                          the missus says I should just give up trying to drive it and only look at it after doing the paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                            the missus says I should just give up trying to drive it and only look at it after doing the paint.
                            Makes sense, that's what I tend to do....

Good luck sorting it out.

Cheers

Steve
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Not got codes (need to open up the ECU for that to change chips) but i have logs of the issue and have checked the plugs, which are all black and sooty.

I've sent the logs to Dmitri, but its running ultra rich, like 10 afr and firing smoke out of the rear, misfiring big time even whilst being held on throttle, and the moment you let off you wants to stall.

I wont be starting her again for a while, she's not well at all

Comment

• Be back later... week from hell, i'm going to drown my sorrows

Comment

Working...
                                X