X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy moly. Gutted for you

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
      I just hope we can get it back on the road and mapped properly.
      I'll be over for a month in summer, and probably at some point closer to winter.
      sorry to barge in Andy....
      Dmitiri, when are you looking at being in the UK?....

heres your thread back chap!...

and as previously offered if you need anything, let me know....glad to see you have considered your options and thought long term.....you won't regret it...

Mike

Comment

• Sorry to hear this Andy, at least you know it wasnt likely to have been the workmanship in carrying out the build. Was the inlet manifold new for the manufacturer?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Glad to see your sticking with it andy, if you need any help with anything give me a shout, get the engine in as soon as possible. If you need a hand putting it back in let me know only this time i'll be wearing steel toe caps after the incident fitting ross's engine.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that its as bad as this Andy,

Are you working something out with everyone to cover the rebuild? Or are you having to fork out for it again?

Good luck with it all anyhow!
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
              Sorry to hear this Andy, at least you know it wasnt likely to have been the workmanship in carrying out the build. Was the inlet manifold new for the manufacturer?
              Inlet manifold wasn't the culprit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                Inlet manifold wasn't the culprit
                where did that crap come from ?

Comment

• I'm sure sonic will clear up just saying no finger pointing at Wagner

Comment

• The particles appear to have come from the inlet manifold or intercooler.

Both had been on the car for a while, so nothing to do with Wagner.
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• I don't think anyone is blaming Wagner for this, it's pretty clear that there was sand in the intercooler or the manifold.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• I know however gregs comments could be viewed as such hence nipping it in the bud right away

Comment

• F**k! Sorry to see this Andy, I hope you get it all resolved to your satisfaction and can get the car running right at last....

Cheers,

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            I know however gregs comments could be viewed as such hence nipping it in the bud right away
                            Yeah didnt mean to come across like that. Such a shame after all the work put into the engine already.
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Lots of progress on the engine build...

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Looking good Andy, nice too see it getting back together!
                                96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X